Forum Replies Created
1st October 2023 at 13:14 in reply to: VS 25% off award flights until 3/10aaq 1 post
I booked 3 VA economy flight tickets that needed 30000 points each so total 90000. Now for the same flights same dates and week there are availability and the points required is 22500 so total 67500 points. Can I cancel existing booking and book again. I know there is a £90 change/cancellation fee but the 22500 points saved will be worth far more than £90. Has anyone tried this. VA is frustrating. They randomly run 70% extra points, points sale schemes and it can make difference of literally 100s of pounds in terms of cost.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Lady London on Tokyo > Manchester cancelled
- Jim Utd on Travel Talk forum – anyone else invited?
- BBbetter on Chat thread – Wednesday 21st February
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare Promotion
- Ihar on Nationwide travel insurance changing
- Aston100 on Tokyo > Manchester cancelled
- RoundTheWorld on Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare Promotion
- phantomchickenz on Hilton St George’s Park April cheap rates
- Lyn on Using AA lounge on US domestic flight
- davefl on Anyone else having issues with Avios eStore?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.