Forum Replies Created
11th August 2022 at 12:21 in reply to: The HSBC Premier Mastercards threadBobri
Now not receiving points for curve transactions to finincial or HMRC using WE.
Including Seagulls?28th July 2022 at 17:27 in reply to: Curve experiences – Is there any pattern?Bobri
Could someone share some positive or negative experience in bending to brokers like HL?6th July 2022 at 06:54 in reply to: Is converting NatWest rewards to Avios good value?Bobri
While the value is not great enough to warrant a no-brainer conversion, I treat these a my stash that gets converted to top up to do a particular redemption or just add some balance to a depleted account quickly. The great benefit of these rewards is that the voucher that you receive is not tied to your name and you can top up e.g. your partner’s account.
Gift cards for shopping are an alternative, but usually can be sourced through PAW or similar sites for comparable value23rd June 2022 at 17:17 in reply to: The HSBC Premier Mastercards threadBobri
Are there any payments involving bendy (fronted) that this card will punish for with fees? E.g. paying seagulls or other card?14th February 2022 at 00:00 in reply to: Cash machines in Spain with CurveBobri
Curve will not pass on the fee from BBVA and Santander30th January 2022 at 13:00 in reply to: Best European category 1-4 Marriott hotel with kids for 7 night stayBobri
Sheraton Fuerteventura. No lounge sadly, but a commercial centre is just a short walk28th January 2022 at 09:36 in reply to: MBNA Horizon – is a partner card available?Bobri
Maybe Curve is an option? Either as is, or potentially with manually setting the underlying (your) MBNA card to the currency of the destination country?
Also, what’s the destination? There’s a bit of a difference between getting fee-free EURGBP conversion and reducing FX costs while travelling to Uzbekistan27th January 2022 at 10:21 in reply to: Perks at Work – any tips?Bobri
Deals I’ve used:
* Instant e-codes for supermarkets (when I ran out of Monese gift cards)
* Very good discounts on SSD at Samsung on black friday
* Hotel rates are sometimes competitive
* Gift cards to pay taxes (would appreciate any hints on alternative uses)
* Occasional Deliveroo discounts
* Lululemon double stacked with Amex offers18th January 2022 at 10:30 in reply to: The HSBC Premier Mastercards threadBobri
Not after the points this time around Rob, rather want to use the carry forward allowance before it’s gone and avoid being punished with fees
If anyone bent into HL would be a helpful datapoint as well17th January 2022 at 19:57 in reply to: The HSBC Premier Mastercards threadBobri
Any experience on the level of friendliness of this card to bending? Want to bendy into a SIPP
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- OldComber on Platinum Harvey Nics £50 Credit – Can you buy a gift card?
- OldComber on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- JDB on Will BA ever re establish all routes cancelled during lockdown?
- DMcK on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- Charles Martel on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
- Colin MacKinnon on Will BA ever re establish all routes cancelled during lockdown?
- poeker7777 on Barclaycard Avios Plus holder – the ‘signing up for Barclays Premier’ thread
- ankomonkey on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
- BuildBackBetter on Ambassador complimentary free weekend night
- andrew on Barclaycard Avios Plus holder – the ‘signing up for Barclays Premier’ thread
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.