Forum Replies Created
10th August 2022 at 09:46 in reply to: Post new Amex statement credit offers here!FFoxSake
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels – Spend £200 or more, get £70 back
on my BAPP
COPTHORNE HOTEL ABERDEEN 122 HUNTLY STREET ABERDEEN AB1 1SU
MILLENNIUM HOTEL GLASGOW GEORGE SQUARE GLASGOW G2 1DS
MILLENNIUM AND COPTHORNE HOTELS AT CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB STAMFORD BRIDGE LONDON SW6 1HS
COPTHORNE TARA HOTEL LONDON KENSINGTON SCARSDALE PLACE LONDON W8 5SR
MILLENNIUM GLOUCESTER HOTEL KENSINGTON 4-18 HARRINGTON GARDENS LONDON SW7 4LH
MILLENNIUM HOTEL LONDON KNIGHTSBRIDGE 17-25 SLOANE STREET LONDON SW1X 9NU
THE BAILEY’S HOTEL LONDON 140 GLOUCESTER ROAD LONDON SW7 4LH
THE CHELSEA HARBOUR HOTEL CHELSEA HARBOUR LONDON SW10 0XG
COPTHORNE HOTEL MANCHESTER CLIPPER QUAY, SALFORD QUAYS MANCHESTER M5 3DL
COPTHORNE HOTEL NEWCASTLE THE CLOSE NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE NE19 2RE
COPTHORNE HOTEL PLYMOUTH COPTHORNE HOTEL PLYMOUTH PL1 1AR
COPTHORNE HOTEL SLOUGH WINDSOR SIPPENHAM LANE SLOUGH SL1 5AJ
COPTHORNE MERRY HILL DUDLEY THE WATERFRONT, LEVEL STREET BRIERLEY HILL DY5 1UR
HARD DAYS NIGHT HOTEL LIVERPOOL CENTRAL BUILDINGS, NORTH JOHN STREET LIVERPOOL L2 6RR
M SOCIAL HOTEL PARIS OPERA 12 BOULEVARD HAUSSMANN PARIS 75009
MILLENNIUM HOTEL PARIS CHARLES DE GAULE ALLEE DES VERGERS, ALLEE DU VERGER ROISSY EN FRANCE 957008th August 2022 at 19:24 in reply to: The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard threadFFoxSake
Applied for the card 27/7, approved within minutes.
No sign of the card yet. Is this typical?8th August 2022 at 12:00 in reply to: Upper class companion ticket only possible with Gold status?FFoxSake
These are your rewards for hitting the spending target each year
Your reward is triggered IMMEDIATELY upon hitting the spending target. The target is £20,000 in a card year for the free Virgin Atlantic Reward Credit card and £10,000 in a card year for the £160 Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card.
Annoyingly, vouchers do not show anywhere online. The only sign that your voucher is available for us is a one-line entry in your Flying Club account statement along the lines of ‘Reward voucher – 0 miles’.
You can choose one of the following options:
A 2-4-1 voucher, valid for two years, for a Virgin Flying Club points redemption OR a Virgin Atlantic cash ticket, in Upper Class, Premium or Economy
A return upgrade – on either a cash or points ticket – from Premium to Upper Class, or from Economy Delight/Classic to Premium. You can either upgrade 1 x return flight if travelling alone or 2 x one-way legs of two return flights if travelling with someone else.
A Virgin Clubhouse lounge pass (requires a same-day Virgin Atlantic, Delta, KLM or Air France flight)
There is small print:
If you are a Red (no status) member, you need to pay 50% of the points for your 2nd ticket if you redeem your 2-4-1 voucher in Upper Class. This means that, for Upper Class redemptions for Red members, it is effectively a ‘2 for 1.5’ voucher. For Economy or Premium redemptions, it is a genuine ‘2 for 1’.
If you are a Gold member, you would receive two Clubhouse lounge passes instead on one if you chose that option
Taxes and charges need to be paid on the ‘free’ ticket as part of your 2-4-1 booking
Vouchers are valid for two years and you must fly the outbound leg of your trip before the expiry date
Reward seat availability is required to use the voucher. This means:
you can only upgrade a flight if there is a reward seat in the higher class (irrespective of whether you are upgrading a cash or a points ticket)
you can only apply a 2-4-1 voucher to a cash booking if there is a reward seat available for the 2nd ‘free’ seat
The voucher benefits are substantially better now than they were before changes in August 2020. You can now upgrade to Upper Class, you can now use the upgrade voucher on either cash or points tickets, and Red (base level) members can now redeem the 2-4-1 voucher in Upper Class.
If you usually travel on your own, the upgrade voucher is likely to suit you best. This can also be used by a couple to upgrade one leg per person on a return cash or reward flight.2nd August 2022 at 10:26 in reply to: Hilton Barclaycard points for May haven’t transferred to HHFFoxSake
July is my first ever posting failure for HH Barclaycard points (Not bragging!)
Has anyone successfully got July points?
Perhaps it’s a complete failure this month rather than the sporadic missing points issue reported here?30th July 2022 at 08:03 in reply to: Barclaycard £10 Amazon creditFFoxSake
Amazon refused to swap my promo balance for regular credit, but sent me this which worked….
Please Go to the Amazon Moments Store (https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=27312794031), a curated collection of 4-star and above items shipped and sold on Amazon, to redeem your remaining balance of the promo credit.
The discount is NOT visible in user wallet, but is applied and shown at check-out stage.
The details for the requested promotion are unavailable at this time. To take advantage of promotions on this site:How to claim:
1/ Add all products described in the promotion to your Shopping Basket in one of two ways:
-Using the Add both to basket button near the promotion description, OR
-Using the Add to Shopping Basket button on each respective product page.
2/ The benefit of this promotion will be applied once your order has been processed and may not be reflected on the final order checkout page.
3/ If you remove any of the participating promotional items from your Shopping Basket or violate any of the additional details listed below, your order will no longer qualify for the promotion.
4/ Promotional offer applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product pages.
5/ Promotional offer applies only to qualifying products purchased from the seller indicated in the promotional offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers.
6/ Promotional offer does not apply to any products purchased on any other website operated by the seller.
7/ If you remove any of the promotional items from your Shopping Basket or violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid and the discount will not apply.
8/ Promotional offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Basket and does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
9/ The minimum item’s price is £10.
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we remain at your disposal at anytime.21st July 2022 at 15:02 in reply to: Japan in Autumn – options for those booked to flyFFoxSake
I’m booked to fly out on the 30th september and was hoping to go to the F1. So far all i’ve booked are cancellable hotels for the first few nights in Tokyo plus Nagoya for when the F1 is on. I haven’t booked anything else until we have some idea of whether things open. I’m not sure whether Japan F1 tickets are sold out or not on sale yet, but either way not looking geat for being able to go!
Same as you – 4 of us outbound 30th Sep with an F1 Experiences booking for Suzuka (already carried over once from 2021). Looks like we’ll be rolling this over again 🙁
Other forums are suggesting that capacity for large scale events like this will be the last things to truly open up in Japan. If the race goes ahead it’s very likely to be with vastly reduced capacity and for locals only.
Flights were originally J on a BA 2for1, then cancelled by BA and rebooked onto JAL. Not sure where that will leave us if Japan fails to open up. Presumably a £35pp fee to cancel these even though they were originally booked under the old Book with Confidence rules.
Also have Nagoya hotel rooms booked but those are on free cancellation.16th July 2022 at 12:06 in reply to: Chat thread – Saturday 16th JulyFFoxSake
Must be a record for HfP… no chat messages before midday!13th July 2022 at 09:31 in reply to: Chat thread – Wednesday 13th JulyFFoxSake
The Trainline “33% off new digital railcards” offer is back – use code HELLORAILCARD33
Valid for these railcards: 16-17 Saver, 16-25 Railcard, 26-30 Railcard, Family & Friends’ Railcard, Network Railcard, Senior Railcard and Two Together Railcard.
Not valid for: Disabled Person’s Railcard and Veteran’s Railcard.7th July 2022 at 14:58 in reply to: New 100% IHG points purchase bonusFFoxSake
IHG points prices are so ridiculous at the moment it’s hard to tell whether this is a good deal or not!
Agreed. But as part of the IHG One scheme upgrade there was talk of them offering occasional 20% discounts on points bookings, so decided to gamble on having some ammunition ready. Also the free cancellation for points bookings can be useful.7th July 2022 at 11:30 in reply to: Post your British Airways Premium Plus retention offers!FFoxSake
Though I realise I’m essentially buying 5000 Avios for £60!
Not if you do the spend quicker than 3 months… also you’ll earn the usual Avios on top.6th July 2022 at 17:34 in reply to: New 100% IHG points purchase bonusFFoxSake
Thanks – found it now! Points credit instantly? That could work well for some redemptions
Was instant for me yesterday.6th July 2022 at 09:56 in reply to: New 100% IHG points purchase bonusFFoxSake
Where’s this showing in the app? I can’t see it (though could be account specific)
Was on my home page as the first item in the “FEATURED OFFERS” section, but also visible to me via “More…” button (bottom right), then “Get Special Offers”…”Browse all offers”4th July 2022 at 13:43 in reply to: Post new Amex statement credit offers here!FFoxSake
£200 back for £1000 spend at Four Season on my BAPP. Expires 30/09.28th June 2022 at 10:16 in reply to: Tier point ideasFFoxSake
So that’s a BA “maybe” then… 😉27th June 2022 at 17:39 in reply to: Tier point ideasFFoxSake
– a Premium Economy long haul in October trying to take advantage of the double tier points BA holidays offer (departure before Nov 2022, 5 nights minimum and either hotel every night or car booking done with BA).
Has anyone had confirmation from BA Holidays that a return flight in November will still attract double tier points as long as the outbound is on/before 31st Oct? i.e. both flights get double points, not just the outbound.
24th June 2022 at 14:18 in reply to: New Avios offerFFoxSake
- This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
This has been watered down from last year. Not much speculative value left in it unless you were booking something already
2p per Avios. Not too shabby.23rd June 2022 at 18:52 in reply to: Cancelled return from Germany in JulyFFoxSake
How far is the drive home?21st June 2022 at 11:06 in reply to: BA Holidays Double Points offer – MASTER THREADFFoxSake
Just double checking… for a 5 night break LHR-SOF-LHR Oct29 to 03Nov (5 nights) would the double tier points still apply to the return leg as well, even though flight is after the promo end date of 31Oct?
T&Cs seem to suggest that the booking only has to start before that date, but has anyone had something similar to this confirmed by BA Hols?21st June 2022 at 10:43 in reply to: BA route map for companion voucher useFFoxSake
There’s a Wikipedia page called List of British Airways destinations that seems up-to-date. Also contains discontinued destinations which is quite interesting.21st June 2022 at 10:29 in reply to: 50,000 sign up bonusFFoxSake
T&Cs – note confirmation of the 2 year gap needed to get another bonus after closure in item 4 below.
Double Welcome Bonus – Barclaycard Avios Plus Terms and Conditions
1. This document sets out the terms and conditions for a double welcome bonus for Barclaycard Avios Plus (the “Double Welcome Bonus Offer”). If you’re new to Barclaycard, you’ll collect 50,000 Avios (usually 25,000 Avios) if you spend £3,000 in your first three months.
2. These Double Welcome Bonus Offer terms and conditions are separate to your credit agreement (your Barclaycard terms and conditions). These rules explain how you can qualify for the 50,000 Avios Double Welcome Bonus Offer. You should read them together with your Barclaycard terms and conditions.
3. You’ll qualify for the offer provided that you:
Are new to Barclaycard
Have applied for the Barclaycard Avios Plus during the qualifying period from 20 June 2022 to 18 July 2022
Have been accepted for the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card
Spend £3,000 in your first three months
4. We’ll only apply one Avios welcome bonus in relation to your card to your British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) account during the lifetime of your card account. If you close your card account after you receive your Avios welcome bonus and then open another Barclaycard Avios card account within 2 years after you closed the original account, you will not be eligible for another Avios welcome bonus.
Receiving your double welcome bonus
5. To enable you to use your Avios, a BAEC account will be created for you when you are accepted for your card account, unless you choose to use your existing BAEC membership. In order to collect Avios, your card will be linked with your BAEC account. This account must be open at the time your bonus Avios are credited to you.
6. Once you reach the qualifying spend amount, the Avios Double Welcome Bonus will be added to your BAEC account on the second working day of the following month.
7. The BAEC and all Avios issued and redeemed under these rules are subject to British Airways Executive Club terms and conditions which are available at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/terms-and-conditions
8. If your BAEC account has been closed when the Avios are scheduled to be loaded, we will be unable to credit your account with the 50,000 Avios.
9. You’re responsible for your own tax obligations. It’s your choice if you want to seek independent legal and tax advice. We aren’t responsible for determining any tax liability you might have because you’re earning Avios, and we aren’t able to advise you on this.
Changing these rules
10. Barclaycard reserves the right to withdraw or amend these terms and conditions at any time. If we withdraw the scheme and you remain eligible for the 50,000 Avios, we will credit this to your BAEC account.
11. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of this promotion.
12. The Promoter of this offer is Barclays Bank PLC of 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.17th June 2022 at 16:12 in reply to: Soft landing with IHG One Rewards?FFoxSake
Not great news that LL is reporting this… Pushing me to renew sooner rather than later
I was waiting for a bonus joining offer (like those seen in previous years e.g. 20K points after first stay or a free night cert) but decided I didn’t want to risk losing a Diamond extension if this “feature” of Ambassador was stopped.
So I just pulled the trigger using cash option and IHG Diamond successfully extended to 31/12/2023 too.
Fully expect to see a new Ambassador joining offer tomorrow…
p.s. when you said LL was reporting this I immediately thought Lady London – 🙂
9th June 2022 at 15:15 in reply to: HfP Party – rail and tube strike on 21st June?FFoxSake
- This reply was modified 52 years, 7 months ago by .
Email from Rhys just now… “We’ve Rescheduled the party to Wednesday, 6th July.”27th May 2022 at 14:10 in reply to: Can you stop BA Avios expiring by transferring across Qatar Airways Avios?FFoxSake
Instead of Qatar… just sign them up for AviosForThoughts and get the initial survey bonus points. Pretty much an instant way way to keep Avios alive.24th May 2022 at 16:03 in reply to: Helsinki in Finnair J for £250pp, Hotel Kamp and HEL loungesFFoxSake
Great review – thanks.
Will be heading there on the same deal (£239 RTN on Finnair J via World Airfares) over the Jubilee weekend.
Hoping for similar weather!20th May 2022 at 18:06 in reply to: Post new Amex statement credit offers here!FFoxSake
Melia hotels spend £300 get £75 back on BAPP expires 29/07/2022
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Ruralite on Chat thread – Friday 12th August
- Go197 on Chat thread – Friday 12th August
- Abdul on Where should I use my BMG voucher?
- Abdul on Which Heathrow Hilton hotel?
- Abdul on Gifting Diamond status
- Mick S on The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread
- The Urbanite on The HSBC Premier Mastercards thread
- Mick S on Upgrade voucher – visibility
- Internaut on Showers not included for Amex Plats at Plaza Premium?
- bdd005 on Amex Gold: 2 Free Priority Passes
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.