Forum Replies Created
23rd September 2022 at 19:57 in reply to: New Marriott Bonvoy Amex Card (US) gives Platinum – maybe UK changes ahead also?Mun33b
I have both Hilton Aspire and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant cards. I think the benefits of both cards off set the fee only if you travel regularly (at least 2-3 a year).
The Bonvoy card gives you $300 credit ($25 per month) and Priority pass. I am lucky to hold top tier diamond in hilton and platinum in Marriott just for paying an annual fee.
I don’t think Marriott will ever offer platinum status to Amex customers outside the US.
The Amex cards in UK have always been garbage in comparison to US cards. I can imagine a lot of non card holders being dissatisfied with Marriott giving platinum status for a fee.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- polly on Platinum Harvey Nics £50 Credit – Can you buy a gift card?
- Bill on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
- OldComber on Platinum Harvey Nics £50 Credit – Can you buy a gift card?
- OldComber on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- JDB on Will BA ever re establish all routes cancelled during lockdown?
- DMcK on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- Charles Martel on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
- Colin MacKinnon on Will BA ever re establish all routes cancelled during lockdown?
- poeker7777 on Barclaycard Avios Plus holder – the ‘signing up for Barclays Premier’ thread
- ankomonkey on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.