Forum Replies Created
1st February 2024 at 14:06 in reply to: Chat thread – Thursday 1st Februaryn166 12 posts1st February 2024 at 12:12 in reply to: Chat thread – Thursday 1st Februaryn166 12 posts
hi guys – i recently had a very bad experience at a Radisson Blu hotel. I was there for 2 weeks and on one of the nights, there was building work going on in the middle of the night (1am to 3am) on the roof to prepare for an event the next morning. Being on the top floor, I heard everything including hammering etc but apparently the hotel staff were powerless to stop the workers as they were hired by an events company to get the job done before the morning
I kicked up a big fuss and told them I won’t be paying for that night. I had raised a complaint with Radisson customer services before I received that free night, so they are now offering me 20,000 points in compensation. However I’ve told them I don’t think that’s enough, so they’ve asked me what would be enough?
to be honest, I’m not really sure what to ask of them aside from more points.. any ideas? as per HFP, a Radisson point is only worth 0.15p, and I could transfer them to 2,000 Avios which seems very low25th October 2022 at 08:41 in reply to: Confirmation e-mail for 100,000 Avios after following all steps?n166 12 posts
i did now receive the 100k email – it took 3-4 days to come through24th October 2022 at 09:19 in reply to: Confirmation e-mail for 100,000 Avios after following all steps?n166 12 posts
me too – i received an email outlining all the other Avios rewards details a day after signing up to premier banking. but nothing in the email references the 100,000 points…
Welcome to Barclays Avios Rewards. We’re delighted you’ve joined and we hope you’ll enjoy all the benefits it brings.
Now you’ve turned on this great new feature, you’ll start collecting Avios. You’ll see the Avios you collect with us in our app and your British Airways Executive Club account, where you can spend them on the travel experiences you want.
Your Barclays Avios Rewards features
• Joining bonus – Get off to a flying start with an Avios bonus for turning on Barclays Avios Rewards
○ You’ll receive a 2,500 Avios joining bonus if you’re already a Barclays Premier customer, or have had a current account with us for 4 months or more, when you joined Barclays Avios Rewards. Your joining bonus will be awarded on the same day as your first monthly Avios reward
○ Or, if you’ve joined Barclays Avios Rewards within four months of opening your first Barclays current account you could receive 25,000 Avios. You’ll need to complete a full switch of your existing non-Barclays current account to us via the Current Account Switch Service (CASS) within three months of joining Barclays Avios Rewards (if you hadn’t already done so). Your joining bonus will be awarded after you’ve had Barclays Avios Rewards for four months
• Monthly reward – 1,500 Avios every month for choosing Barclays Avios Rewards. That’s 18,000 Avios every year, which could be enough for a peak, economy (Euro Traveller) return flight to Nice1
• Anniversary reward – You’ll receive a British Airways cabin upgrade voucher to use on an Avios reward flight booking2 after 12 monthly payments for Barclays Avios Rewards. You can find out more information about the cabin upgrade voucher in the Barclays app. There are additional terms and conditions for these vouchers- please visit the British Airways website for more information
Collecting Avios for a monthly fee of £12 is just the start – see how you could boost your Avios further
• Mortgage reward – Collect 700 Avios each month for one personal residential mortgage and for each personal buy-to-let mortgage you have with us. You could also receive a joining bonus of 2,000 Avios for one new residential mortgage, and any new buy-to-let mortgages you open after or within 30 days before turning on Barclays Avios Rewards
• Barclayloan reward – Collect 200 Avios each month for each loan you have or open with us (minimum loan amount is £5,000). You’ll also receive a joining bonus of 2,000 Avios for a new loan, including any you opened up to 30 days before turning on Barclays Avios Rewards. You can only receive this joining bonus once, even if you take out more than one Barclayloan
4.3% APR representative on loans of £7500 to £15000 over 2 – 5 years (your rate may differ). Subject to application, financial circumstances and borrowing history3
• Life insurance reward – If you have or take out life insurance without critical illness cover, you’ll receive 150 Avios a month for a maximum period of 12 months. Or, if you have or take out life insurance with critical illness cover, you’ll receive 500 Avios each month for a maximum of 12 months. We’ll start counting the 12 months from the start date of the policy. This reward isn’t available to you if you have a Wealth current account
• Home Insurance reward – You’ll receive 75 Avios each month for a maximum of 12 months when you have or open contents or buildings insurance with us. If you have both, you’ll receive 150 Avios each month for a maximum period of 12 months. We’ll start counting this from the time you took out or renewed the policy. This reward isn’t available to you if you have a Wealth current account17th January 2022 at 10:46 in reply to: Qatar Silver/BA Bronze = Oneworld Ruby. Lounge access with Qatar Silver?n166 12 posts
ahh got it, thanks Rob. even then I’m wondering if it’s easier to get to Qatar Gold than BA Silver…4th January 2022 at 19:05 in reply to: Do you earn BA tier points if you book a flight using American Express points?n166 12 posts
i haven’t looked into it too much to be honest. what is the logic here? (sorry i’m a noob and haven’t thought about Nectar!) would appreciate some guidance and direction on this! is it better than redeeming avios for flights?30th December 2021 at 12:56 in reply to: Dilemma on where to store my accumulated Amex pointsn166 12 posts
thanks! in my head i think of BA and Virgin very much the same – similar quality, prices and taxes. any reasons why you think virgin would be especially better than BA, especially for the US?
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- phantomchickenz on Hilton St George’s Park April cheap rates
- Lyn on Using AA lounge on US domestic flight
- davefl on Anyone else having issues with Avios eStore?
- Londonsteve on Beware auto-Economist Renewal / 50% off
- memesweeper on Business Platinum – supplementary Gold card benefits?
- Londonsteve on Anyone else having issues with Avios eStore?
- Cranzle on Gift cards – best way to stack offers for a discount?
- Rui N. on Gift cards – best way to stack offers for a discount?
- NorthernLass on IHG / Curve duplicate charge issues
- The real Swiss Tony on Inexpensive hotel for London O2
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.