£150,000 of luxury travel to be won – and support HFP!

I don’t promote many third-party competitions on Head for Points but this one has the best line-up of prizes that I have seen in a long time. You can also show your support for the site at the same time.

Voting is currently underway for The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sunday Times Travel Magazine travel awards.  The website to enter is here.

Every person who votes is entered into a free draw.  The prizes are very impressive, worth £150,000 in total.

Times Travel Awards

They include:

2 nights at Le Bristol in Paris plus Eurostar tickets

2 business class flights on Qatar Airways and 3 nights at the Four Seasons Doha

an all-inclusive Silversea cruise with connecting flights

a 5 night holiday in Phuket with flights

4 nights at the Eden Rock hotel in St Barths with flights

….. plus a lot more.

It is very easy to enter the awards.  There are 19 categories to vote in, but you only need to vote for 10 to enter the draw.  There is a drop down list of potential companies to vote for in each category.

Most importantly, the final category is ‘Best Travel Website’.  The drop-down list of potential choices is weird – weather2travel.com anyone?!  I strongly recommend voting for headforpoints.com in this category!

I have no chance of winning, clearly, but it would be pretty impressive if this little site could make it into the top 10!  More practically, it will be easier to generate prizes for future HFP competitions if the site has a higher profile in the industry.

Go here to cast your votes and enter the draw.  The deadline for entries is September 3rd.  Good luck!

Dubai £999, Japan £999, Mumbai £999 - stunning Air France KLM business sale
The amazing new lounge at Qatar's Hamad International

We help business and leisure travellers maximise their Avios, airline miles and hotel points. Visit every day for three new articles or sign up for our emails via the box to your right.

Comments

1. Alas already voted via Sunday Times.

• Just voted myself. I used the link above but why ‘Alas’? I don’t think it matters which link you use does it?

2. Happy to support HFP.

I’ve not given anything back to the site, despite benefitting hugely, so a vote is the least I can do!

3. Erico1875 says:

Me too. HFP is the first site I read in the morning before work.

4. Guesswho2000 says:

Done, least I could do!

5. Johnny5a says:

done

6. You get my vote every time Raffles! There were some interesting categories there…Mmmm I wonder what other people’s favourites are…

7. Done!

8. Vote cast, and with a glowing tribute paid in the comments section, good timing as I used some point to book rtn flights in business to KL yesterday.

9. avidsaver says:

It’s just not possible to vote for anyone else – done. Good Luck!

10. Another vote for you added – good luck!

11. HFP voted for.

12. another vote for you Rob. My free meal at the Shangri-La was 100% worth it! :)

13. Globetrotter7 says:

Voted. Good luck!

14. Done, best of luck!

15. Another vote for head for points….

16. Hi Raffles, I’ve just spotted that the Telegraph are also running their own travel rewards survey, which also offers the chance to name the best travel related website – obviously I added headforpoints.com. Prizes here total £800,000 so even more of an incentive for HFP readers to take part! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-competitions/10944252/Telegraph-Travel-Awards-2014-sponsored-by-Centtrip.html

17. voted HFP :)

18. Speedbird_ABZ says:

I’ve completed both as well. Be interested to see where you come!

19. Cheers for the reminder Squills.

Is the Virgin Wines one of those ‘subscription affairs’ where they keep trying to send you bottles every month?

• ComeFlyWithMe123 says:

Raffles / Squills – I can longer put a comment on the 3000 miles for first purchase @ Virgin wines but am I right in thinking there is no conditional spend amount?

So could I mix this with Squills offer and get

£30 debenhams voucher (free delivery)
      £37.98 6 pk wine (including delivery)
      3000 virgin miles

all for £67.98 less £25 statement credit = £42.98

Can anyone confirm?

• The Virgin offer would certainly work with the Amex deal as that is completely separate and Virgin Wines don’t even know you have registered for it.

Looking at the Virgin Atlantic website it would seem to trigger the 3,000 miles too – http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/flying-club/flying-club-partners/virgin-group/virgin-wines.html

• I haven’t received my 3000 Virgin points yet and that is 2 weeks ago I received the wine for my first order. Who should I contact to ensure I get my miles?

• That’s correct but if you are a new customer to Virgin wines you can probably do a bit better still. Look at the Virgin deals links & you might find something you like better, couple of quid a bottle.

• Came through (finally!)

Congratulations on using your American Express® Card to shop online. You’ve earned a £25 statement credit*.

• Bit annoyed now. I was a teensy bit tiddly and got up in the middle of the night a few days ago, a bit bored – I logged onto HUKD to see what was brewing and found a corker & placed my 2nd & 3rd orders for over £25 with Debs ON THE SAME CARD! lol

That’s after registering 3 different cards.

Elementary mistake, Mr Squills ;-)

Might just go for the £30 Debs giftcard + Virgin Wines combo again x 2, Raffles don’t want to labour a point but it’s free money lol

Could do with some more decent wine @ £2 a bottle!

• Good job I don’t rile easily. [Note to self: internet.] You’d have thought 3000/250 Virgin miles plus cheap good wine plus easy £25 Amex statement credit would appeal to a few people. Not all of us would find a way to spend £25 at PCWorld or Achica.

• No – there’s no sign-up to one of the 2 VW subscriptions with this 6 bottle deal, it’s a one-off.

20. Done including voting for HFP!

21. Jeremy I says:

Thanks Squills. I am ordering now!

22. Bigglesgirl says:

Done – least I could do. I read HFP every day!

23. ComeFlyWithMe123 says:

BOOM – completed both

24. Russell Evans says:

Voted for HFP – best source of information to maximise miles on the Internet. Thank you, as ever Rob.

25. Toby Garner says:

All done. Good luck and thanks for all the advice.

26. Rob Williams says:

I echo other HFP readers. Really appreciate the advice and long may it continue. Both surveys completed.

27. Done,

Voted for Paris, NY, BA and HFP!

28. Voted Trivago ….. only kidding, love this website so voted hfp. Saved me money many a time and given me an Avios collecting Hobby :-)

29. Happy to add my vote and good wishes to HFP and hope you rise to the top of the pile as a result!

30. Lady London says:

Done. Put a decent comment for HfP.

31. squills – Can you confirm how I go about getting the following

6 bottles VW
    3000 Virgin airmiles
    £25 cashback

I have just enrolled my Partner in VW but have not ordered any wine as yet.

32. Done. First website I read each day. Thanks.

33. A vote for HFP from me :-D

34. Got the £25 credit.

Bought £30 Debenhams gift cards and the £29.99 dinner party 6 bottles wine + delivery at £37.98. Also got 3,000 miles with Virgin for first order. Don’t drink wine so sold it at £6 a bottle. Don’t shop at Debenhams so sold the cards at £8 each.

So overall made a profit of £17 and 3,000 miles. Not a King’s ransom but every little helps.

PS also voted for HFP in the survey.