Initially started as a hobby by Rob Burgess in 2012, Head for Points was created from a desire to produce a magazine which contained news and views that UK business travellers genuinely wanted to read.
Traditional business travel media is insular. It is read mainly by people working in the travel trade, not real travellers. We wanted to do something different.
It worked. Nine years on, Head for Points is the UK’s biggest business travel site with over 1.5 million page views per month. It has won four ‘Business Travel Journalism Awards’ including ‘Editor of the Year’. It was shortlisted in five categories at the 2020 awards.
Our Christmas and Summer parties in London are the UK’s biggest frequent flyer events, attracting over 500 readers.
What we do
Head for Points attracts thousands of readers every day thanks to our advice and authenticity. We write honestly and with a sharp eye for detail, making us a trusted voice in a world of fake news and #ads. We focus ruthlessly on stories which are genuinely relevant to UK-based travellers.
Our daily articles cover:
- The latest business travel news: our travel industry connections mean we are often the first to break key stories
- Flight, hotel and lounge reviews: our honest reviews help readers make the most of their travel time and money
- Offers and promotions: we cover the best deals in the market, and negotiate exclusive airline, hotel and travel credit card offers that we know Head for Points readers will value
- Credit card reviews: Rob’s expertise and background in financial services enables us to provide easy-to-understand analysis of travel rewards credit cards for our readers
- UK ‘travel hacking’ tips: our advice helps business travellers make the most of their hard-earned frequent flyer miles and hotel points
In particular, we are the biggest UK resource for news and discussion about Avios, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and American Express credit and charge cards.
Reader interaction is a key part of what we do. If you have any queries, in particular about frequent flyer miles and points, contact our editor at [email protected] and we’ll try to help.
“Following the simple advice on your website I managed, in a relativity short period, to accumulate enough points to just book two return BA First Class flights to Hong Kong using a 241 voucher. I can not thank you enough for the wealth of information provided on your website.” (Ron)
What should you read next?
Here are some articles we recommend to new readers:
Signing up for a travel credit card is by far the easiest way to build up your Avios and other points quickly. For example, the FREE American Express Preferred Rewards Gold card will get you 20,000 points (= 20,000 Avios when converted) just for signing up and spending £3,000.
Our comprehensive guide to all UK airline and hotel credit cards is here. Take a look and see what the best sign-up bonuses are this month.
For advertising and commercial information, please visit our ‘Media and Advertising’ page.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoy our content as much as we enjoy putting it together. Visit daily for new content, sign up for our daily or weekly email newsletters using the link in the menu bar or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
All the best
Rob Burgess (Editor) and the rest of the HfP team