Please spare 30 seconds to take the Head for Points hotel survey

If you can spare 30 seconds of your time to help me out today, I’d be grateful.

I recently ran a couple of articles on Thistle Hotels.  I wasn’t expecting them to be very popular, given that Thistle has a fairly small footprint in the UK, but they did well.

I want to get a feel for where HFP readers are staying.  If it turns out that certain chains are more popular than I anticipated, I will start to include occasional coverage of their special offers as well as taking a look at their loyalty scheme if they have one.

The survey below lists the majority of the major hotel groups in UK.  I have purposely ignored the luxury groups such as Four Seasons.

Can you please tick the boxes of the chains which you stayed at last year?  It doesn’t matter if it was a personal or business stay, or a cash or reward stay. Overseas stays should be included. All data is anonymous.

Thank you for your help! The results will have an influence on the contents of HFP going forward.

If you cannot see the survey, please click here to be taken to a separate website (EDIT: deleted as survey now closed).  Thanks!

Redeem Hilton points for special Live Nation concert tickets
Final week: Don't miss our Qatar Airways competition to win 2 Business Class flights

Comments

1. Done. But maybe I only stay at these hotels because you recommend them.

2. Sorry Rob, I forgot to tick Hilton in the survey…..oops

3. I wonder if the popularity of the Thistle articles was linked to the free Sunday night stay for new signature members, coupled with the well-timed £50 credit for spending £100 with Amex.

• Head for Points says:

I agree – but people still had to willing to stay with them. If readers would stay with Best Western if the offer was good enough, I will cover them.

• Think Square says:

We’ll stay anywhere if the offer is good enough!

• Same here, having a very young child makes net cost (as long as it’s not a dive) is more important than luxury for me since we won’t get to enjoy extras nowadays.

4. The list is missing Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental for me.

5. Missing Shangri-La and GHA (ok their rewards are “unique”) for me.

6. Nick Burch says:

No Melia on the list? Given the Amex tie-up, their random “have 10,000 points but we won’t tell you” and their 2-for-1 birthday stays, I’d have expected it to be at least somewhat popular!

7. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Done. Also Fairmont.

8. Think Square says:

How about Millennium/Copthorne?

9. I also often find with Best Western that if you book directly with them they are considerably cheaper than going through any agent. IN our upcoming trip to Canada and north America I have managed to save 100,s you can select which rate you want, best, internet 14 day etc Probably being over 55 helps as they seem to be one of the few hotel chains giving a discount if you are under retirement age but still over 55. They are also all franchised and categories go from basic to plus onto premium.

• Whereas when I booked with them direct in Oslo in July, they wouldn’t price match an identical booking via Hotels.com that was about £15/night cheaper. I cancelled and rebooked with Hotels.com, but had to book a separate night at the airport. Because I paid for my airport transport at the hotel, I ended up getting BW points for that night’s stay!

10. chris1922 says:

I stay in the Thistle Euston quite often, because it is two minutes from the train and tube, with great connections. It has recently been refurbished, the rooms are nice and the staff friendly. It’ll never be the best hotel in the world, but if you are in London for a night or two on business (as I am), it’s ideal.

11. Lee-Anne says:

None of these which surprises me! Been embracing Citizen M in London and Glasgow. Otherwise mainly stick to Como hotels, Morgan Group and independant hotels.

12. Done.

Don’t usually stay away for more than 2 or 3 nights at a time, so a cheap hotel is fine.

Usually stay at Ibis, mainly because of the Le Club Accor status you get, as a Amex Platinum holder.

I would sign up to the others if they had cheaper hotels in their group.

Other than that, it’s a Travelodge or Premier Inn for this country.