Uber news – 2 free £15 rides with booking.com and free rides for everyone in Bolton!

If you have an account with ride app Uber, you may have received an email this week promoting a deal with hotel booking site booking.com.

If you book a hotel room via the link in the email (this is essential) you will receive codes for two free £15 Uber rides after your stay is completed.

There is no small print apart from the fact that your stay must be before 31st October 2016.

This is a very impressive deal if you are an Uber user, although remember that the £15 ride vouchers don’t give change – make sure you use them on longer trips or in more expensive cars.

Uber 350

Free rides in Bolton!

Having launched pretty much everywhere in the world, Uber is now filling in the gaps.  Starting with Bolton.

Between Monday 8th August and Friday 12th August, EVERY Uber ride in Bolton will be free.

There is minimal small print:

You are limited to a maximum of two free rides per day

Each ride must cost less than £10

The ride must start and end within “the Bolton council area”

£15 sign-up credit for everyone

Finally, if you don’t have an Uber account, remember that Head for Points has an exclusive £15 sign-up code.   This is better than the current ‘refer a friend’ deal which is just £10.

Simply download the Uber app and enter ‘HEADFORPOINTS’ on the promotional code page.  You will receive £15 off your first UK ride.

Bits: Virgin / Tesco promo is live, Qatar increases IAG stake, last long-haul BA 767
Join 'The Club of Small Luxury Hotels' at 'Loved' level - and get TRIPLE Avios

1. Genghis says:

I didn’t receive the Uber email. Is it available online?

• Raffles says:

Annoyingly no. You must use the link in the email – it sends you to a modified booking.com page.

2. Jovanna says:

Can you use your £15 credit abroad?

• Genghis says:

Probably not. I referred my wife when we were in Sweden so we could take Uber back from airport in the UK. She signed up but got the bonus in SEK. A few emails were exchanged with Uber; initially they said that we could only use the bonus in Sweden but after saying we would not use Uber again, miraculously the credit appeared in GBP.

• No. You would need to find a code denominated in the currency you need.

• I joined Uber when I was doing a Toronto trip. I searched for a Canadian Dollars promo / referral code but the free credit was converted by Uber into a British Pounds because I have a UK based mobile number.

3. didn’t get the email neither, annoying…

4. FYI, Current Amex offers has:

UBER “Get £10 off your first two rides”.

Sofitel, MGallery and Pullman Hotels
    Spend £250 or more, get £30 back

Spend £250 or more, get £50 back

Rocco Forte Hotels
    Spend £400 or more, get £100 back

• Very annoying, I have the Rocco & Sofitel offers on my card but not the Hyatt and need to book a Hyatt hotel this week. It is always the way :(

5. Annoyingly, I didn’t receive an Uber email either and I live in Bolton!

6. I havent got the email either. Anyone want to share the link ?

7. jeremy i says:

booked a £3 hostel in Vietnam so let’s see if it gets honoured

8. OT Received the Moneycorp currency card this morning.

9. A message appeared on my phone screen a couple of days ago offering ‘free’ Uber rides. Unfortunately, I managed to click twice instead of once, and there it was, gone. :(

10. I booked a £3 stay on booking.com via the link but got an email today saying that I noshowed… Will I still get the credits?

• Genghis says:

Whereas with hotels.com you prepay and so the hotel doesn’t really care about a no show, at booking.com you pay at hotel and so a no show = no money = upset hotel.

11. rams1981 says:

think they have a cancellation fee so hotel makes it money. Not sure Uber will honour it though if booking.com flags as a no show