BA sale

New Opodo discount code released – save up to £70

Opodo has released a new promotional code which is good for bookings made by 25th July.

There are three different offers:

Opodo discount code

Save £40 on a flight booking of £750 or more

Save £40 on car hire of £300 or more

Save £70 on a ‘flight and hotel’ booking of £900 or more

The promo code for all three offers is 2SALES

Full details of these Summer sale offers can be found on the Opodo site here.

Earn cheap Avios with a Lloyds Avios Duo credit card balance transfer deal
How Jason got to the World Cup semi final at 48 hours notice using his miles and points!

Head for Points is sponsored by:

Magazine montage

Up to 30% off in Hilton's Winter Sale

Click here to find out more and book

Comments

1. Nicky0 says:

OT: can anyone tell me if they have done enrolment on arrival for global entry? Once you have conditional approval, do you just turn up at the booth when you land or do you have to book an appointment?. A tadge confused as to how it works. I am assuming as a UK citizen you can use enrolment on arrival (not just for US citizens who have left the country and are returning).

• Given you need to produce a UK police certificate etc I’m not sure how that would work.

• I didn’t need that for my (booked) interview, just my application number (conditionally approved) and passport. The ‘on arrival’ website doesn’t say that anything about needing more than that.

• ChrisC says:

What the CBP confusingly calls ‘enrolment in arrival’ is actually ‘interview on arrival’ so you will have already got your UK approval (which is electronic so you don’t get a paper certificate you get a reference number to enter into your Trusted Traveler account to be able to start the GE application) made the actual GE application and been conditionally approved by the CBP.

The easiest thing to do at the airport is to ask the queue minder where to go. No need to book an appointment this is a turn up and wait system.

The CBP website also lists which airports and terminals you can do the interview at – note not available at all terminals and at some the hours are limited and may nit match the arrival times of ex UK flights

• As ChrisC says. I did it recently (in Tampa), and it took about 10 minutes max.

2. the real harry1 says:

O/T Just back from the sun to see a bit of Wimbledon & Croatia win the World Cup Final!

OK – quick question – is there anybody out there with a legit new IB a/c, but denied the 90K points and going to suck it up like a patsy? 🙂

• Jimbob says:

Raises hand

• the real harry1 says:

Quote HT FT: ” After all the conflicting information given out, ‘inconsistencies’, denial of promo points for no reason, multiple requests for information, hoops, and unanswered emails, you seriously think it is unreasonable to contact other established channels of Iberia to bring closure to this fiasco?

Clearly sitting idle does NOT work my friend! ”

@Jimbob, maybe 90K or whatever cheap points means nothing to you (ah, Vienna! 🙂 ) but I suggest there’s a principle at stake here! Look at yourself in the mirror. Repeat after me: I am not a patsy. I will never be a patsy to some bloated corporation. Get mailing those IB execs & you’ll get your points! https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/iberia-airlines/

• Jimbob says:

I’m no longer a patsy! Now have my full compliment of avios off Iberia.
          Thanks Harry for prompting me to complain, and to Rob for highlighting the promo to begin with

• Croatia?

3. Joe B says:

OT what are the change fees on an avios booking made on gold account? (Seats were only available on gold)

4. Can we have an update article on what’s going on with the Lloyds cards – I’ve seen something about a rebranding with BA? I recently spoke to the customer service team for the cards at Lloyds and they told me they are not aware of any changes and it’s business as usual (which we know is not true )

• Callum says:

It is very true…

Neither we nor any frontline Lloyds staff) know about any changes and it is business as usual. SOMETHING will change, and it will most likely be along the lines of the new T&C’s leaked a couple of weeks ago, but that’s it

• We don’t know anything except a) Lloyds put the new Avios earn rates online by mistake for 48 hours, b) the call centre has been calling it the Lloyds BA Mastercard and c) I was told in May that something may happen in September

5. Lady London says:

Did someone just delete a post that shows where i got the raspberry and pistachio tart from? I’m Lady London and the tart was of course the only thing I was interested in…

• Fixed. Not sure why it got trashed, may have done it in error. Bit hit and miss editing via iPhone.

6. Renaud says:

Never done a balance transfer before : how does it affect rewards on the card whose balance is being transferred ? Is it like paying the balance off early using a debit card (rewards unaffected), or
    more like a chargeback (rewards for that amount are cancelled) ?

Cheers