If you consider the average business class amenity kit to be an environmental disaster, Finnair has just announced a new Marimekko designed bag which is designed to make you feel less guilty.
- natural and organic skincare products from L:A Bruket
- a toothbrush made from bio-plastic containing cornstarch
- earplugs wrapped in wax paper instead of plastic
- slippers made entirely from recycled PET plastic bottles
- slippers wrapped in a cardboard band instead of plastic
Some less commonly used items, including razors, socks and combs, will only be given out on demand.
Personally, I like the Etihad First Class Apartment model where you are given an empty amenity bag and you can fill it as you wish with whatever items you prefer. It is also worth noting that a lot of airlines, including Emirates, have stopped giving out amenity kits on day flights.