Virgin Money

LAST CALL: Get up to 150,000 Avios when you open an ISA, SIPP or General Investment Account with Nutmeg

Advertorial

This is an advertisement for Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited (“Nutmeg”). Nutmeg has agreed to pay the publisher an award for new customers acquired via the promotion of its services on this site. Head for Points is a journalistic website. Nothing here should be construed as financial advice, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that any product is right for your circumstances. Recommendations are based primarily on the ability to earn miles and points. Robert Burgess, trading as Head for Points, is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority

With 5th April looming large, this is a final reminder about Nutmeg’s generous Avios offer for opening a personal pension, ISA or General Investment Account.

This year, Nutmeg has introduced a tiered bonus with higher rewards for anyone who invests a larger sum:

Invest between £500 and £19,999 and for every £1 invested you will receive one Avios

Invest between £20,000 and £100,000 and you will receive 1.5 Avios for every £1 invested

This means that with a £100,000 investment you will receive 150,000 Avios!

Don’t forget the ISA tax allowance deadline of 5th April is almost here.  You need to invest before midnight on Friday (5th April) to secure your 2018/19 ISA allowance of up to £20,000 and earn a chunk of Avios.

If you have already used up your 2018/9 allowance, there is also a very tiny window to subscribe for 2019/20.  The offer runs until midnight on 7th April so you have two days – between the 6th and 7th April – to use your new allowance for the new tax year.

Note that the account must be funded by 7th April, not just opened, and the deal is only open to new customers as defined below.

Full details are here.

What is Nutmeg?

Nutmeg is an innovative online wealth management service that offers intelligent investment portfolios to anybody with just £500 to invest.

Your money will be invested in what the company calls a robust, diversified portfolio that spreads risk across asset classes, geographies and industries. YourMoney voted Nutmeg the best online Stocks and Shares ISA provider for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

The company now has over £1.5 billion of assets under management and over 60,000 investors.

Nutmeg Avios offer

How much do I need to invest?

You can open an account with the minimum contribution for an ISA, General Investment Account (GIA) pr personal pension of just £500.

What is the maximum I can invest?

The maximum you are allowed to invest in an ISA this tax year, which runs to 5th April 2019, is £20,000. You can invest more but anything you commit beyond £20,000 will be placed in a General Investment Account.

Please note that Avios are not awarded for customers opening a Lifetime ISA, 100% cash ISAs or 100% cash GIAs.

Why should I invest with Nutmeg?

In their own words: “We take the best elements of a high-end investing service, strip out the complexity and cost, and provide it to you online.”

Nutmeg Avios offer

How many Avios will I receive?

You will receive one Avios per £1 invested in a pension, ISA or GIA up to an investment of £19,999.

Invest between £20,000 and £100,000 and you will receive 1.5 Avios per £1 invested.

For example if you invest £10,000 you will get 10,000 Avios. If you invest £20,000 you will get 30,000 Avios. An investment of £50,000 will earn 75,000 Avios. £100,000 will earn you 150,000 Avios. You can invest more but the Avios reward is capped at 150,000 points.

It is important to note that the offer is only open to new Nutmeg customers. A ‘new customer’ is defined as someone who has not previously invested with Nutmeg. This offer is available up to 23:59 on 7th April 2019.

Any half Avios will be rounded up to the nearest full Avios!

When do I receive my Avios?

Your bonus will be credited to your British Airways Executive Club account. You will receive your Avios within 45 days of making your initial investment.

If you make a withdrawal or close your Nutmeg account within 24 months, Nutmeg reserves the right to withdraw the cash equivalent of the Avios points value awarded from the closing balance before returning funds.

If you have any issues getting your points posted to your account, drop us a line and will put you directly in touch with the key individuals at Nutmeg.

How do I apply?

You need to sign up and invest via this special landing page to earn Avios.  Applications via the standard Nutmeg home page will not earn any points.

Remember, as with all investing, that your capital is at risk. The value of your portfolio with Nutmeg can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest. ISA and pension rules apply.

Bits: 25% bonus converting TopCashback funds to Avios, 80% bonus buying IHG points, my stay using bought points
Bits: five new Virgin icons, good £1260 Qatar deal to Hong Kong (560 TP!), get 2x to 4x Accor points on your next stay

Comments

1. Does anyone know if you get Avios from them for transferred pension cash?

• You need to check the small print. They have been a bit funny about this in the past.

• Mark,

Even if they do, its cutting it fine in terms of timescale.
      I’d be worried that the funds won’t be transferred in time if the cut off is Sunday 7th April.

• Julian says:

No problem with the timing as Nutmeg only require that you fill out the application form online with them by 5th April. In my case they allowed the paper ISA transfer form from the existing provide to follow later in the post.

• Julian says:

Although actually just remembered I started the ISA just after the beginning of the tax year so I only had to comply with a date deadline before their 50,000 Avios introductory bonus offer expired a few days in to the new ISA year.

• SammyJ says:

Yes, you get the Avios for transferring an existing pension to them, I’ve just done it, completed yesterday, and had lengthy live chat conversations with them to confirm that all was ok. The transfer doesn’t need to complete before 7th April, only the application.

2. I am just about to sign the papers to take out a SIPP combining my 4 smaller pension pots into one larger pot. I have gone through our local IFA who has referred me to a Pension Specislist down south but the plan will be with Aviva – wish there was a way of earning something for opening the SIPP as it is a fair bit of money. Would be nice to earn the 150k Avios though! Ah well!

• Julian says:

However 150k Avios is only worth £1,500 on most normal evaluations and also subject to the very distinct risk of sudden capricious valuations. So speaking from personal experience (of my decision to put £50,000 with Nutmeg) it may be more important whether your £150k of pension money actually manages to achieve another 5% per year growth rather than whether you earn 150,000 Avios…………

• Julian says:

Also I now have another £80,000 in a Cash ISA that I could move to Nutmeg but firstly I believe this offer does not apply to a dreaded “Existing Customer” (thinking of the recent rather amusing Aviva tv advert) and secondly I believe there are better investment choices that I could make with that money.

• Julian,

Regardless of existing customer….

“Please note that Avios are not awarded for customers opening a Lifetime ISA, 100% cash ISAs or 100% cash GIAs”

• Julian says:

But a 100% existing Cash ISA transferring in to a Nutmeg equity based investment would earn Avios as long as the person doing it is a new Nutmeg customer.

• You sound quite rich

• £80k in an ISA is loose change if you’re as old as Julian (who isn’t a lot older than me, to be fair). If you maxed out your cash ISA limits each year – which you had to be a total idiot not to do in the days before most bank interest became tax free – you will have a huge pot. Couples who maxed out both their cash and equity ISA limits each year and who are now in their 50’s could have over £1m tax free between them.

You also need to remember that, before the rules on how you used your pension were loosened, ISAs made more sense than pensions:

* You don’t get tax relief investing into an ISA, but the growth is tax free and you can take the money whenever you want and pass it on when you die

* You do get tax relief investing into a pension BUT you were obliged until recently to buy a ‘bad deal’ annuity with it and could not pass on the balance to your children when you die

• Julian says:

I see that para 1 of their Avios offer Terms and Conditions says:-

“This offer is open to new customers only. New customers are individuals who:
        have not invested with, or used the services of, Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited (Nutmeg) before; and

in Nutmeg’s reasonable opinion, are capable of being accepted as a customer of Nutmeg, in accordance with the requirements of Nutmeg’s Standard Terms and Conditions, and all applicable law.”

and para 3 says:-

“This offer cannot be used: in conjunction with any other Nutmeg offer, or promotion; or
        to invest in a Nutmeg Lifetime ISA; or multiple times for an individual new customer; or
        to invest into a 100%-cash pot.”

while para 10 says:-

“Nutmeg is the sole arbiter of these rules, excluding the redemption of Avios which are subject to British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions.”

So strangely they don’t wish to encourage existing customers to transfer more funds to them to manage (odd when they would then earn more money on that if the money stuck with them for many years) but perhaps they reckon its a case of “once bitten, twice shy”…….

• They are acquiring new customers and the Avios is the price.
          At the moment it costs them quite a few years (8-10 years has been mentioned) to earn a profit from that customer to pay for the cost of acquiring them.
          They ain’t going to do the same for existing customers.

• Markets go up, markets go down. 1 or 2 year records should have no relevance.

It’s how they compare to their peers that’s more relevant, but even then you will do better doing a bit of research and picking a low charge fund that suits your own risk.
        Vanguard is a good place to start.
        Plenty of passive low cost retirement and life strategy funds that blend shares and bonds where charges are 0.24%.
        You can get charges down to 0.1% if going with some of the ETF’s

• Julian says:

The problem with Nutmeg is you can’t pick any individual fund or fund manager.

Your money is just in the blended pot with the only choices being your risk level, the method of asset reallocation and whether or not you have a predilection for ethical investment.

• Frenske says:

It is difficult to compare directly. Nutmeg does not directly invest in shares, it invests in fund. Funnily enough in my Nutmeg pot contains 8% Vanguard funds. Vanguard actually charges only 0.15% for the account so Nutmeg looks bad. But Vanguard also has 0.06% to 0.8% OCF, whereas Nutmeg has a flat fee for your investments.

• RIccatti says:

Make sure there is no mark up to fund fee/platform fee from your Pension Specialist/IFA.

It depends how reliant you are on their recommendation to choose investments (funds).

Otherwise, you can open SIPP directly with Fidelity/Vanguard and most likely with Aviva.

• Genghis says:

@Liz. Compare charges! I’ve been researching all of this for the past month or so, getting my financial affairs in order. Look at Fidelity’s SIPP.

Vanguard currently do not offer a SIPP but they plan to “later in 2019” (it’s been moving back since last year) – move there as charges will be low as (they’re passive specialists, but bear in mind passives beat actives most of the time). Once it’s available, if you don’t want to bother with individual fund selection and annual rebalancing, put the money into the LifeStrategy fund (with a bond weighting depending on your age). If you want to do a bit of leg work to save £££, however, let me know and I’ll happily advise.

• Shoestring says:

Can anybody advise where to find an IFA who would charge a one-off fee for ‘advice’ as opposed to a percentage of the final salary pension transfer value? I wouldn’t mind paying top dollar on a per hour basis.

‘Advice’ in quotes as I already know exactly why I would want to transfer from defined benefit scheme to a self-managed pension & all the significant downsides associated. Decent transfer value so percentage-based fee would be hard to swallow for the small amount of work/ advice involved.

• @shoestring – this is the issue I have – 2% on the value of the fund up to 200k then reduces thereafter. I am in the up to £200k bracket for my little pots.

• SimonW says:

Any IFA worth a meeting with will have flexibility on their charges. As an example, every couple of years, my IFA reduces his ongoing % charge as my fund grows. Therefore his earnings/my cost stays the same as his amount of work doesnt change. We agreed a fair total hourly charge for him for the few hours a year he spends on my portfolio. Then change the % of my fund to get to that amount. If he put up a fight, I’d go elsewhere. St James Place (spit) wouldnt entertain this idea…..

• 2% one off fee for the Pension Specialist which I did query. 0.6% ongoing charges, 0.34% AViva Platform charge, Income Portfolio OCF charge 0.87% per annum. I am 100% reliant on advice for investments of this size so feel I have to go with it as not confident to go elsewhere Originial IFA was someone we knew and trusted but he retired last year and transferred his book of business to Brewin Dolphin. Now having to put my trust and money with them and their recommendations via the Pension Specialist they recommended. I am very risk averse but by doing this will allow me to start drawing down a pension in my own right – extra travel money. Hubby has a very good pension which I benefit from if he dies so this will give us an extra pot of money earlier while we are fit and able to use it. That is the grand master plan! Got very good transfer values from my work pension back in the ‘80s.

• Genghis says:

Those charges are way to high but your choice. Compare that to my current Vanguard ISA blended charges of 0.28% (platform and blended OCF). Fidelity pensions are a little bit more but nowhere near what you’re being charged.

• @Genghis – I thought they were high but I don’t know how to do this on my own – I have an understanding how the drawdown pensions work but nothing on how and where to invest. My plans are to drawdown a lot of it over the next 10 years before I hit state pension age and make the most of my tax free allowance – leaving a smaller pot for later in life. I am 56. Planning on giving some of this money to my daughter to help get her on property ladder etc in the next year or two and travel a bit more.

• Liz,

As Genghis said, those charges are very high.
          Depending on your pot size it may be cheaper to pay a fixed fee for advice.
          I wouldn’t be a fan of Brewin Dolphin (or St James Place).
          However their service is pretty good – but by god do you pay for it.

This FT link may be useful…

What you ideally want is a good IFA and if your pot is > £300k, I would be looking to pay for advice on a fixed fee basis.
          Can the original IFA recommend anyone else ?
          Can any trusted friends recommend anyone ?

At worst you could just offer to pay less initial and on going % and threaten to walk away.

• Shoestring says:

good link @ken

• Optimus Prime says:

High fees? Guess who didn’t know anything about UK pensions and didn’t bother do proper research… ended up with St James’s Place 🙂

• Alex W says:

I had an adviser from SJP luckily I realised how ridiculous the fees were, buried in the small print, before handing over a penny. It would have taken us 5+ years to break even on the investment. The guy was I think a bit underhanded, certainly was not up front about the fees, and made completely unsubstantiated claims about the performance of the investment.

• Liz,

Final suggestion.
          You will probably pay not massively different platform charges and OCF charges for say a Fidelity multi asset income fund in drawdown.

However, do you need on-going advice each year ?
          An adviser can only charge you an ongoing fee in return for providing an ongoing service (unless you’re paying off an initial charge over time through a regular payment product).
          You are getting a pretty vanilla (nothing wrong with that) product with a main stream provider. Unless your circumstances change, or there is a financial crash, the annual advice is likely to be “yeah, keep it where it is” – and that costs you 0.6% x fund size.
          It’s money for old rope.

• xcalx says:

@ Shoestring. I have a small personal pension £60k IFA’s all quote 4% for advice and fill out a 3 question form that would release the funds early. Non interested in hourly rate.

• Shoestring says:

why, though? I’m happy to pay something like £1500 for what will be a 2-3 hour consultation to satisfy my pension trustees I’ve taken IFA advice.

Isn’t that pretty good money for nothing much? (not that I’m disparaging IFAs, I’d rather just sign a form saying ‘I know the risks, I know I could lose it all’ and absolving my IFA of any further responsibility or involvement.

• That’s the rule. It is a bit stupid with pension transfers. For example … given that HSBC will offer me 30x my final salary annual pension as a ‘buy out’ at the moment, it is very tempting. The law says I need to pay £1k+ for an IFA to advise me first. However, the sum of money I am due is very small (I stopped working for them almost 10 years ago) in the context of my net worth and indeed in the context of my existing private pension, so the advice is money down the drain to a large extent.

• Shoestring says:

Have you checked it recently? in the last 2 months – because of bonds getting more expensive/ US looking likely to cut interest rate this year etc – transfer values have increased by about 7%, well, mine has!

Not sure that particular increase is over, given what’s happening in the world economy.

• Froggee says:

The difficulty is that IFAs are pretty scared of offering advice on transferring out of defined benefit schemes given the potential for lawsuits down the line should it turn out the customer would have been better off staying in the defined benefit scheme. And staying in the defined benefit scheme is considered the best option as a general rule (even though most of us would agree that is nonsense) so this isn’t an unlikely scenario.

The cost of professional indemnity insurance for IFAs advising on this is eye-watering as a result which is reflected in prices.

The potential liability of the IFA is directly correlated to the size of the transfer. I had a colleague who transferred a sizeable pot a couple of years back and managed to get fixed fee advice for several hundred pounds. Shortly thereafter the IFA stopped offering such advice when I think he realised the long tail risk he’d taken on. I suspect he hadn’t been totally open with his insurers too!

So any IFA doing this needs to cover their backside big time by doing lots of detailed calculations and scenario analysis, reviewing the trust deed in depth (they are all different) etc and cover the cost of professional indemnity insurance.

3. Alex W says:

Any last minute ISA recommendations? Is Orbis still worth it even without sign up bonus?

• Rui N. says:

RateSetter seems to be OK (won’t say it’s good for liability reasons!). I have £1k there, plus £1k for the Mrs.
      If you want I can share my ref link, where you’d get £100 after having £1k there for one year (in a ISA or otherwise), and I get £50.

• Shoestring says:

Orbis has returned us 16% year on year (& now it’s April to April give or take 2 or 3 days) in the Global Balanced Fund (the least risky of the 2 funds available), so I’m perfectly happy. If you check their performance https://www.orbis.com/uk/individual/funds/global-balanced-fund you’ll see I did a lot better than they did themselves. This was due to market timing, ie you are free to pull your investment out and leave it in uninvested funds for however long you like if you think the market will go down in the short term.

Very fair fee structure & yes – worth a look.

• Nick M says:

Harry – I’m an IFA, happy to have a chat…. although we aren’t actively seeking DB transfers at the moment.

Although you know exactly what you want and understand the risks involved, the IFA will have to provide advice in this scenario and needs to satisfy themselves that it is the right thing to do. A fee based (loosely) on a percentage figure is largely to compensate for the risk of carrying out the transaction

Liz – depending on the size of the pots, the adviser fees are fairly standard – however the ongoing fund charges would seem a bit on the high side if you are looking to take the money out over the next 10 years… plus, in that situation, do you need/value the ongoing service from the adviser?

• Shoestring says:

Cheers but I couldn’t do a % based fee/ relationship. That link @ken posted above indicated that £1500 for one-off advice for DB—>SIPP IFA involvement would be possible ballpark figure to aim for, that sounds more like it.

• Nick M says:

I could be mistaken, but imagine the £1500 fee might be for the report providing advice as to whether you should/shouldn’t transfer the DB scheme rather than actually carrying out the transfer… that’s more than we’d charge, but as I said this isn’t something we are looking to do at the moment – good luck though.

There is a link on the site that should not be named for an Unbiased search to be put in contact with a local adviser – £12 just for clicking through it would seem.

• @NickM – I queried the 2% one off fee today and they have come back with a no saying they have already discounted down from 3% which I was unaware of. Pot is just under 200k. I have received my financial report already and as I had 4 plans to gather info on if I walk away now without their advice it will cost me £1200 for the reporting.

• Alex W says:

Decision made… I’ve opened a Santander 1.5% Cash ISA and I’ll stick some spare cash in there. When a better sign up deal appears I’ll transfer over.

• Alex W says:

@ Harry that’s very impressive, looking at your link, if Orbis went down by 0.9% you did nearly 17% better! You must really know what you’re doing. I wonder why can’t the investment people pull the investment in and out on your behalf? What the hell am I paying the fee for if they just let it sit there losing money??

• Shoestring says:

They pretty much have to stay invested 365/365 as buying/ selling comes with a cost. Luckily it is free for Orbis users, ie no cost to pull out, sit on sidelines, reinvest later.

[You forgot my free £100 matched investment new customer bonus makes it somewhat better than 17% 🙂 – only a couple of days to see if they’ll repeat the offer.]

• Shoestring says:

Adds: and their investment style is very contrarian as well, another reason for them to stay fully invested no matter what the markets are doing.

4. Rob – did you have a chance to ask them if they can offer some kind of a loyalty bonus (even a symbolic one) for existing customers from HfP readers? This was raised here before and would be much appreciated! Thanks

• Frenske says:

I sincerely doubt it. No idea what they are paying per Avios but it will be more than the 0.45% so they make on loss hoping the customer will stick around for a couple of years or add money without getting Avios.

5. Shoestring, I am not a financial advisor so treat with caution.

However, I thought the requirement to to a DB to SIPP was that you had to have taken advice whether you should or shoudn’t transfer (and the default is normally no).

I used to think people were mad for transferring, however the transfer values (Cash Equivalent Transfer Value) are pretty attractive at the moment.
    I think you want the advisor to give you a Financial Advice Certficate (FAC) and whoever you are transferring to should accept that (having checked it).
    You don’t need the IFA to organise the transfer as your new SIPP provider will “pull” it, provided they have the FAC.
    £1 – £1.5k should be plenty for an IFA to do this.
    You could try ringing Fidelity on 0800 368 6882 to confirm the above (even if that’s not your destination!).

Don’t go buying any ostrich farms, shipping containers or tulips though.

Good luck

• Shoestring says:

ah thanks. Sounds like I was mistaking paying for the FAC with something else entirely: transferring over & investing my money – I don’t require the latter at all.

Luckily (!!!) I learned my lesson big time about investment risk a few years ago, with finally some remarkably bad decisions, thinking I was some BSD as it had all gone so well up until that point then messing up very painfully. Ouch.

Which has resulted in me having a pretty sensible attitude to investment & spreading risk now, I’ve been managing my wife’s 2 pensions for a few years now and the test results come back pretty good!

So if I pay some sensible sum to get my FAC to satisfy the pension trustees, I can get my SIPP provider to transfer over the funds and invest for myself? Sounds like exactly what I was after.

• As I said, worth checking. I do know that charges in this area have gone up in the last couple of years. Partly due to yet another mis-selling scandal, this time around British Steel (now Tata) pension transfer. Some good advisors out there but the industry seems to attract more than its share of bad apples. Proceed with caution.

• Shoestring says:

Point taken but my understanding of the Tata situation was they were often getting bad advice to switch in the first place and then the IFAs were creaming it on the commission when the transfer funds were reinvested.

All I want is that bit of signed FAC paper to satisfy my pension trustees I have taken proper advice.

No ostrich farms. Probably mostly bonds, gilts, the safer wider plays on markets, spread multiple ways, multiple markets. Just plain boring, chugging along in the slow lane will do me fine.

• My Mum was involved in the Tata transfer. The docs they sent you said very clearly, over and over again, which option made sense for you (ie ‘we strongly recommend you tick this box given your age etc and think very very carefully about ticking the other box’).

There may have been marginal cases where the letters were less forceful but people who were talked out of doing what the letters told them to do by an IFA probably have themselves to blame.

• Rob,
          Are you sure about that ?
          It was a perfect storm.
          1) relatively uninformed people, fairly old and some in ill health.
          2) a tight deadline
          3) Worse DB pensions either in lifeboat or new Tata backed scheme – engendering a lack of trust.
          4) Large transfer values.
          5) The helpline operators definitely couldn’t tell members which option was best.
          6) Vulture advisors dangling lottery sized amounts in front of people.

The fact that almost 25,000 people (20% of members) made no choice and get put in the PPF illustrates how difficult it is for some people to make informed choices.

• I saw my Mum’s letter and actually completed her form for her. The letter was very clear about which option she should take.

• Also worth checking that your existing DB scheme doesn’t already work with IFA’s to provide advice to members wishing to transfer. Roughly 10% of schemes have an existing arrangement and this likely to increase over time

6. Benylin says:

OT FINANCE: If you work for a USA listed employer and you get paid some of your pay in shares (listed in Usa and in dollars) typically the account provider will take withholding tax of 40% at source when you receive the stock.

1) if I don’t sell immediately, and hold for a year and say value goes up then I sell, am I liable for capital gains tax?

2) if I sell my shares in a year where I earn no income, can I claim back my WHT via HMRC?

• I assume you are employed in the UK and pay tax through PAYE ?
      If so it sounds like the withholding tax is done by your employer as part of its PAYE obligations.
      It doesn’t matter where the shares you hold are listed, any gains are subject to CGT for UK tax residents but you can utilise your annual CGT allowance (£12k in 2019/20).
      Ideally you will have a spouse who you can transfer some shares and utilise her CGT allowance and you would time share sales to be in more than 1 tax year. You may also offset capital losses on any other shares you hold against the overall gain.
      You cannot reclaim the ‘witholding tax’ in a subsequent year of no income. This tax is really analogous to your higher rate of tax for the year.
      Worth seeing a chartered tax advisor, rather than you high street accountant.

• Alex W says:

Mrs W is in a similar boat and my understanding is
      1) yes you’re liable for CGT
      2) you claim back the WHT in the tax year you incurred it.

This is complicated and as mentioned above we plan on getting a proper tax advisor.

7. rams1981 says:

Re ISAs I have topped up both Hargreaves and Barclays using curve with tandem or Lloyd’s underlying. 0.5% Cashback and a good chunk of the 7k required for last upgrade voucher. Easy.

• Optimus Prime says:

Are those kind transactions not likely to get classified as cash advance?

• Roger* says:

Interesting re Curve. I was looking to fund my 2019/20 ISA from my Nationwide FlexPlus account, but Curve would be more advantageous if allowed.

But £20,000 on Curve? Wouldn’t that require multiple/daily payments, e.g. 10x £2,000?

• rams1981 says:

Monthly limit of 20k but daily of £5k for me and similar for the mrs.

• Roger* says:

Thanks for your quick response.

My limits are £2k daily,£5k monthly,£10k annually so £20k not practical unless I upgrade. I guess part payments could work, though.

• Roger* says:

Sorry, I looked at the wrong page.
          My limits are £3,750 daily, £20k monthly, £50k annually, so it looks like 6 payments over 6 days could be possible.

8. Julian says:

Some pretty informed discussion above.

Pension investment is clearly a matter as dear to the heart of HfP readers as collecting airline miles obviously is.

Also I note this discussion didn’t seem to attract the usual Heavily Off Topic crowd. Although with the death of Amex churning i suppose there are going to be a lot less of those guys and gals seeking advice on timing their next card application anyway……………

• Peter 64K says:

I find there aren’t many OT posts (which yours is ironically) on “Featured Articles”. They tend to be in the 3 main ones per day.

9. Bonglim says:

Slightly o/t

Anyone want to give me a revolut referral code?

10. SammyJ says:

I have a similar problem as mentioned above, I’ve got a final salary scheme for a company I worked for in 1998 for 3 years and as a monthly pension at retirement will be worth pennies. However the CETV is around £80k, and I want to transfer it out now while it’s high so I can make use of that at 55, rather than a few quid a month. However the government says I need an IFA to sign it off, and whilst every one I’ve spoken to completely agrees with the plan from a logical point of view, none of them are prepared to put their name to it on paper because of their liability! I got a couple of quotes of around £3-4K for ‘advice’ I have no interest in. So much for personal freedom with your pensions.
    Any recommendations worth speaking to?