Virgin Atlantic Sale

Get your HFP Summer Party tickets at noon TODAY

As we announced on Tuesday, we are pleased to say that we are holding our second Head for Points reader Summer Party on Monday 8th July.

The first batch of tickets will be sold at noon today.  If you won’t be behind a computer at noon (although the Eventbrite app does the job too) the final batch will be sold at noon on Sunday.

Click here to be taken to the correct Eventbrite page to buy.

We are taking over the Hansom Hall at the Renaissance St Pancras hotel from 6pm to 9pm+.  This is situated in the magnificent Gothic revival building at St Pancras and is well connected to the London Underground and National Rail.

Renaissance St Pancras exterior

Hansom Hall is an excellent venue, not least because it is a significant capacity increase on our previous parties. It will also have a private cloakroom, bar and outdoor area:

Renaissance St Pancras Hansom Hall garden outdoors

As this is a Marriott property, Marriott Bonvoy has very kindly stepped in to sponsor the event.

(If you haven’t registered for the new Marriott Bonvoy Summer promotion – Endless Earning – I recommend you do so as soon as you’ve finished this article!  We wrote about it here and the registration link is here.)

Marriott Bonvoy has also generously offered to donate some raffle prizes.  We don’t have the full details yet, as they are still talking to various hotels, but it should be good.

All attendees will receive one raffle ticket.  It is not possible to buy extra tickets and they are not available to non-attendees.

For clarity, only ticket holders who are in the room when the raffle is drawn at around 8pm will be eligible to win.

Head for Points Christmas Party

Back to the party details ….

The event runs from 6pm to 9pm.

You will receive a free glass of wine, bottle of beer or soft drink courtesy of Marriott Bonvoy (thank you!).  A full cash bar will be available for further drinks at usual London prices.

If you wish to stay on beyond 9pm, the bar will remain open for a little while, although at some point we will be asked to move to the in-hotel bar The Booking Office, which is open until late.

How do I get my ticket?

Because we need to ensure that people who ask for tickets turn up, we are charging £10 per ticket.  This price includes VAT and covers our ticketing fees, venue costs and the hotel security fee (we are obliged to hire several security guards!).

We are selling the tickets in two tranches:

The first batch will be sold at noon today (Friday)

The second batch will be sold at noon on Sunday

This is, we think, the fairest way of allowing everyone to participate, whether or not they sit behind a computer during a weekday.

We are using Eventbrite again.  Eventbrite has an excellent mobile app, so even if you are not behind a computer at noon you should still be able to purchase.  Set up an account with your credit card data before you head out.

Click here to buy tickets.

You can buy up to two tickets per person but please don’t be nervous about coming on your own.  Frequent flyers are a friendly bunch and always happy to share details of their recent trips and miles-earning tips.

I apologise in advance if you can’t get a ticket due to demand.  We are selling more than twice as many tickets as any previous HFP event and are hoping that this is plenty!  The first batch will sell quickly but demand should be a bit slower on Sunday.  Or not.

American Express is accepted by Eventbrite 🙂

We look forward to seeing you on the 8th July.  Here’s the link you need at noon.

IHG planning a new extra-premium credit card, with extra-premium benefits
NEW: Earn Avios when you stay with Airbnb!

IHG Sale

Comments

1. Sundar says:

Hope to meet more people this time round and @Genghis – hope to catch you this time.

• Julian says:

Unlikely as Genghis is a pseudonym, he also doesn’t (I’m told) look at all Mongolian and seems to have given Rob strict instructions not to identify him to all but a select few that he actually wants to talk to.

2. Rob, I also emailed you separately re a free ticket for me as we agreed before (Virgin Card fell on me at Xmas party). Thanks!

• Robert J says:

Virgin Card fell on me at christmas – oldest line in the book 😉

• Crafty says:

Glad I’m not coming, it’ll be utter carnage amid the cluster of chancers pulling signage down onto themselves

3. BigSi says:

Managed to get one at 12:16! Wanted 2 but I’ll take it!!

4. How to add payment details in Eventbrite? Missed it today, will try again on Sunday.

• James Watson says:

I’m also trying to add my payment details in the hope that I can be faster on Sunday but on my account details it just says “You currently don’t have any debit or credit cards saved” – yet there’s nothing to click to add anything?

• Lev441 says:

Makes no difference – once tickets go in your basket you have 8 mins to complete the purchase. More than enough time to put in card details. Just refresh the page bang on midday and select 1/2 tickets.

5. Missed the tickets, customer meetings!!! Set a reminder for Sunday

6. what about a special forum for people who can’t use their tickets anymore?

• If we sell out on Sunday then I am happy after that to introduce any sellers to any willing buyers.

• Shoestring says:

Why do airlines overbook flights?
        Most airlines intentionally overbook flights, selling more tickets than available seats for a journey.
        They do this in anticipation of people “no-showing” on the day of the journey, and the practice is not illegal.

• Erico1875 says:

They also sell those last minute already booked seats at crazy prices. This enables them to pay compo to the bumped passengers when the maths doesn’t work

7. Louise says:

I got two with no bot at 12.00 whilst taxiing on the runway at Heathrow, for once I was glad of a delay!

• Julian says:

I got one ticket (and only one was offered) trying at about 30 seconds after midday today (Sunday 22nd June). But when I checked the ticket link again after successfully bagging one no more were available. Lucky really as I completely forgot on Friday and I thought it was 12.30pm today but knew it might be 12pm so after getting up late rushed out to the car (where I had left my PC) at the last possible moment and tried the link about 30 seconds after midday. Had to refresh a couple of times before snagging one.

So anyway Rob is clearly wrong about the true unmet level of demand for tickets. I suspect its probably closer to 1,000. So clearly four parties a year are needed to get anywhere close to matching supply with demand.

• Julian says:

I meant I got my ticket today, Sunday 23rd June.

Missed getting a ticket on Friday (21st June) due to still being asleep after another midnight solstice visit (third year in a row that it has been sunny at dawn) to Stonehenge.

• Julian says:

P.S. Not as interesting as being at Nordkaap, top of the Shetlands (Unst), top of Iceland or Svalbaard for the solstice but more interesting than sleeping through it in bed.

8. Julian says:

Tickets definitely now all gone today (Sunday) but no one seems to have posted about missing out.

• So 530, which is what we sold, is about right then. Perhaps 600-700 at a push.

• Julian says:

Don’t agree at all as you sold out completely in less than 10 minutes again so I reckon the actual level of demand was at least double the number of tickets that you sold.

If demand was anywhere near matched to supply then all the tickets wouldn’t sell out (especially the second lot) for a day or two after they first went on sale.

• Julian says:

P.S. I personally think 500 is too many due to the small chances of physically running in to someone you know who posts on the forum.

I reckon the answer is a capacity of around 350 but holding events four times a year. Also there’s clearly a case to hold one in Manchester to give those from the regions a greater chance to attend.

• We don’t have 350 readers in Manchester, people are not going to come across from Sheffield etc midweek and we cannot justify the 4-5 trips up it would need to organise it.

• Dimitri says:

Funny you say that Rob, I am coming from Sheffield for the event!

• Convenient hotel anyway 🙂