Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get €350 resort credit at select Marriott hotels with the British Airways sale

On Friday we wrote about the British Airways Sale, with city breaks from as low as £99 and holidays from £179.  You can find our article on the British Airways sale here.

British Airways has launched an additional offer today when you pair your flight with a stay at select Marriott properties.

British Airways €350 Marriott hotel credit offer
Domes of Elounda, Crete, is included in this offer

If you book a stay between now and 30th September 2020 for travel between 1st September and 17th December 2020, you will get a €350 resort credit per booking.  This can be put towards food, drink or spa treatments.

This is based on a flight + hotel package with a minimum stay of 7 nights. Bookings must be made via this page of the British Airways website.

Over 20 hotels and resorts are taking part.  Included in this offer are some well known resorts including:

• The Ritz-Carlton Abama, Tenerife from £749 per person for travel between 1st and 30th November 2020
  • Domes Miramare, Corfu from £939 per person for travel between 1st and 31st October 2020
  • Sheraton Rhodes Resort, Rhodes from £599 per person for travel between 1st and 31st October 2020
  • Pine Cliffs Hotel, Algarve Portugal from £529 per person for travel between 1st and 31st October 2020
  • Penha Longa Resort, Lisbon from £679 per person for travel between 1st and 31st October 2020
  • The Westin Costa Navarino, Kalamata from £879 per person for travel between 1st and 30th September 2020
  • Parklane, Limassol (below) from £999 per person for travel between 1st and 30th November 2020
€350 Marriott hotel credit with British Airways bookings

The full list of hotels included as well as the full T&Cs can be found here.

This offer must be booked by 30th September and is combinable with the flight discounts available in the sale.

The official booking site is here.

Mariott Bonvoy American Express credit card

How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards (January 2021)

There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year. You can apply here.

American Express Marriott Bonvoy credit card

Marriott Bonvoy American Express

20,000 points sign-up bonus and 15 elite night credits Read our full review

You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and MeliaRewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.

American Express Platinum card Amex

The Platinum Card from American Express

30,000 points and an unbeatable set of travel benefits – for a fee Read our full review

You can also earn American Express Membership Rewards points with American Express Gold (20,000 bonus points), the American Express Rewards Credit Card (5,000 bonus points) and – for small business owners – American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus points) and Business Platinum (40,000 bonus points).

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Marriott Bonvoy points

Comments (41)

• Andrew says:

In addition to the extra holiday discount of £25/£50/£100 they launched yesterday?

• Alan says:

Not great timing with lots of those destinations going back on the Welsh and Scottish quarantine lists!

• Roger* says:

How many of those destinations have BA Holidays service from Wales or Scotland?

I clicked through and found a number of offers starting from 2-night stays. For those able to gamble with the risk of an extra 2 weeks at home, I’d say this offer was attractive.

• Roberto says:

I priced PineCliffs and flying in from the UK plus accomadation is pretty much the same price as accomadation only direct from Marriott.

I can just drive there in 4 hours with no quarantine of course but walking the tightrope from the UK with quaranting or not makes a visit to this property unappealing even under this offer.

• Harry T says:

Pine Cliffs was very busy when I was there last week. Good for families, I think, but we weren’t super keen as a young couple. In all fairness, we did only stay one night.

• Andrew says:

In that case, if you bank with Lloyds, Halifax, BoS or Santander, then they have a 15% funds return offer for many customers for booking until the end of October.

Funds return *and* points is always a good option.

• roberto says:

Checked and not for me unfortunately..

• Harry T says:

If I open a bank account with LBG in the next week, what do you reckon my chances are of receiving a Marriott offer soon after? Does it takes a while for offers to show up?

• Andrew says:

The offers are very dynamic. The more you use your debit card, the more offers you get. Using my card daily in the staff canteen plus some regular spending gets me about 20 offers. That’ll quickly drop down to 10 or so as offers expire and aren’t renewed if I go off on holiday for a fortnight and don’t use it.

Can’t promise what you’ll end up with or how the tranches of offers are distributed though. I think it’s the first time Marriott has been on it. Hilton and IHG appear fairly regularly. Apex has been a recent addition too.

• Harry T says:

Thanks for the explanation. I may hold out and see if an amex offer turns up.

• Roger* says:

Simon Calder has just shown on TV the differences between Scots, Welsh and English passengers all arriving at LHR on the same flight. Welsh have to go straight home and stay there for 2 weeks. Scots can go home by 04:00 tomorrow to remain ‘free’. English can do what they want. What a mess!

• Andrew says:

The relevant Governments, media and others really must stop using these terms. It’s no wonder people are confused.

As a Scot, I would not need to quarantine if I came off that flight.

Likewise my Welsh colleague would not need to quarantine if they came off that flight. He’d have to stay in his Reading flat at the weekend instead of going back to Brecon as usual.

My English sister-in-law, would have to quarantine when she got back home to Edinburgh. Or would she?

• John says:

The Welsh guy would have to stay in Reading (or anywhere in England or NI) for 14 days to avoid quarantine. If he went to Brecon before the 14 days were up he would need to quarantine from arriving at home in Wales until the end of the 14th calendar day after that flight.

• Charlieface says:

As a general rule, most English live in England, Scots in Scotland etc. Presumably it’s just become a short way of saying where someone is resident rather than birthplace or passport

• Roger* says:

Please tell me these offers count in the Platinum status challenge! 🤫

• Roger* says:

Sorry, wrong smiley. 🤔

• TGLoyalty says:

3rd party booking won’t count

I know some of these properties were offering €50 credit a night until end of September via Marriott so perhaps they will end that too

• Chelseafi says:

I booked 5N Domes Miramare via BA holidays just before 2/9 they offered 40% off, free HB worth £384, €50 credit PN worth £223 plus the double Avios points. Staying early Oct 2A plus upgraded to Pavilion Retreat with Haute Living total £1400.

• Colin MacKinnon says:

Resort hotels: like grounded cruise ships.

I’m obviously not the only one who is thinking that.

• ken says:

A hotel with 120 rooms is like a cruise ship ?

I doubt it somehow.

The reluctance to book is surely due to the fact that unless you are travelling in the next week, there is a high risk that your holiday country will be on the self isolate naughty step by the time you travel.

• Colin MacKinnon says:

One of the first cruise ships to get Covid after lockdown was Seadream in Norway. Been on it a couple of times, just 100 passengers and about 90 crew.
        So not a mega ship.

• Harry T says:

I stayed at Penha Longa last week and I can’t recommend it highly enough. I booked a four nights for three STARS offer through Emyr, which may still be going.

• TGLoyalty says:

I was looking but don’t fancy a 2 week quarantine as I have plans here in the UK.

• Harry T says:

Yeah, I wouldn’t have travelled this week. Numbers are too high – it’ll come off the exemption list within a couple of weeks.

• Doreen says:

Penha L looks lovely – was the indoor pool open ?

• Harry T says:

The indoor pool and the two outdoor pools were open. One of the outdoor pools is adults only. The indoor pool often had a lot of children in it when I stayed so I didn’t try it out.

The hotel has excellent service and the entire area is utterly spectacular. I can recommend the Japanese buffet at Spices on Saturdays, and the tasting menu with wine pairing at LAB. Drinks in the bar are also excellent. I did not manage to try Midori.

• Erico1875 says:

The RC Abama is actually as low as £610pp in November

• Paul Hickey says:

Thanks for the heads up Rob – booked a week in Santorini month end. Couldn’t add MAN connections but did so via separate avios booking.
    PS: also booked via Emyr for Athens next week at the Hyatt – an amazing deal.