Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Happy Christmas from the Head for Points team

Happy Christmas to you and your family from all of the team here at HfP.

Long term readers will know that this Christmas Day article is generally used for people to discuss where they have flown to for a Christmas break.

This year, for the second year running, is different. Many plans have been ruined, not just now but across the year. Whilst we are a travel site and travel is what unites us, it is important to remember that many people will be having a far worse Christmas than a lost holiday, away for their loved ones or remembering someone they lost this year.

Life cycles on, of course. Sinead is out in Thailand with her new daughter, Rhys is in Canterbury with this family and I am in London, as my daughter wanted to be around to see her friends for her birthday on Monday. We might disappear after that for a few days ….

I hope you enjoy a well deserved break, wherever in the world you are and whoever you are with. If you are not with anyone, you are definitely not alone in being alone.

Thank you for your support over the past year. Let’s hope for a return to some sort of normality in 2022, although I wrote that in my article last Christmas …..

We will slowly get back into things tomorrow.

With our best wishes,

Rob, Rhys and Sinead

Comments (111)

• Swiss Jim says:

Happy Christmas everyone. All sleeping here except me, up early to prepare for the day ahead. Fortunately Santa’s been. I was a bit worried he might not this year….

• The Rooster says:

Thanks Rob and all for such a great website.
    Thanks to the knowledge I learnt from this site we are sat at the Intercontinental Maldives on our honeymoon having flown first class with Emirates!

• Andrew says:

Thanks Rob, Rhys, Sinead and the wider HfP community for another year full of interesting information, humour and a real sense of community. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Farid says:

Merry Xmas to HfP team as well.
    Thanks for your efforts throughout the year and handling our critics, challenges and moaning with good spirit, politely…call it first class!

• Ben says:

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope any travel plans people have over this period are as smooth as can be. See you in the lounge 😉

• Andy says:

Merry Christmas to all the HFP team and everyone here.
    I’m in Thailand where I’ve been for a coupon of weeks. First foreign holiday since this began and it’s definitely been worth the risk!

• meta says:

Merry Christmas all the team at HfP from Dubai (arguably the easiest long-haul to get to right now for some sun)! And all the best wishes to everyone here – from regulars who continually help me get the most out of points and miles and inspire me in travel adventures, newcomers who make me re-think my own strategies and to everyone in-between for great chats and discussions!

• Susan says:

Happy Christmas All and a safe, well-travelled 2022.