Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Happy Christmas from the Head for Points team

Happy Christmas to you and your family from all of the team here at HfP.

Long term readers will know that this Christmas Day article is generally used for people to discuss where they have flown to for a Christmas break.

This year, for the second year running, is different. Many plans have been ruined, not just now but across the year. Whilst we are a travel site and travel is what unites us, it is important to remember that many people will be having a far worse Christmas than a lost holiday, away for their loved ones or remembering someone they lost this year.

Life cycles on, of course. Sinead is out in Thailand with her new daughter, Rhys is in Canterbury with this family and I am in London, as my daughter wanted to be around to see her friends for her birthday on Monday. We might disappear after that for a few days ….

I hope you enjoy a well deserved break, wherever in the world you are and whoever you are with. If you are not with anyone, you are definitely not alone in being alone.

Thank you for your support over the past year. Let’s hope for a return to some sort of normality in 2022, although I wrote that in my article last Christmas …..

We will slowly get back into things tomorrow.

With our best wishes,

Rob, Rhys and Sinead

Comments (111)

• Jordan D says:

It should’ve been India, but instead it is family here. Next year, we hope travel returns.

A Merry Christmas to you all.

• Geoff 1977 says:

Great speech from the queen. Very uplifting and full of festive positivity!

• yorkieflyer says:

Merry Christmas to all after another difficult year. At our gaff in Spain enjoying bevies after arroz for lunch

• Bongobongo says:

Goodness! Reading the above comments , am I the only one still having Christmas in the UK?
    Anyway Happy Xmas team and fellow pointers wherever you may be ..D

• Adrian says:

Merry Christmas everyone

• Sundar says:

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas

• ACK says:

This is my first christmas where I’m not with my family, instead, I’m with my family. Having been blessed with a baby this year, wife and myself decided that we won’t be flying anywhere to see anyone from either families, instead, we will spend the holidays together, as we are now a family.

• BlueThroughCrimp says:

Merry Christmas 🙂
    Back from a hotel, but just for Christmas dinner with the family – the first time we’ve sat for dinner for nearly a year.
    Best wishes for the New Year