Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Happy Christmas from the Head for Points team

Happy Christmas to you and your family from all of the team here at HfP.

Long term readers will know that this Christmas Day article is generally used for people to discuss where they have flown to for a Christmas break.

This year, for the second year running, is different. Many plans have been ruined, not just now but across the year. Whilst we are a travel site and travel is what unites us, it is important to remember that many people will be having a far worse Christmas than a lost holiday, away for their loved ones or remembering someone they lost this year.

Life cycles on, of course. Sinead is out in Thailand with her new daughter, Rhys is in Canterbury with this family and I am in London, as my daughter wanted to be around to see her friends for her birthday on Monday. We might disappear after that for a few days ….

I hope you enjoy a well deserved break, wherever in the world you are and whoever you are with. If you are not with anyone, you are definitely not alone in being alone.

Thank you for your support over the past year. Let’s hope for a return to some sort of normality in 2022, although I wrote that in my article last Christmas …..

We will slowly get back into things tomorrow.

With our best wishes,

Rob, Rhys and Sinead

Comments (111)

• Michael Jennings says:

Merry Christmas to everyone from Las Palmas. It’s nice here

• Isherwood says:

Happy Christmas to everyone from sunny Wales. *part of this sentence may not be entirely accurate

Huge thanks to Rob and rest of the HFPs for everything they have shared this year. When we have been able to go away, our family has managed to fly and stay way above our pay grade as a direct result. I’m a bit of a hero in our house but it’s you guys that make me look good!

Best wishes to everyone for an easier and brighter 2022.

• Matarredondaaa says:

Happy Christmas 🎄 from Armacao de Pera in Portugal

• David S says:

We will be joining you there soon . Having a short trip back to the U.K. for Xmas. Xmas greetings to Rob and all the team and despite all the doom and gloom with Covid thanks for all the uplifting ideas and suggestions

• Nick says:

Merry Christmas from the Thames Valley. My plans fell apart thanks to omicron and I’m spending it alone at home, but hopefully many brighter moments to look forward to next year.

Hope you all stay safe and well and enjoy whatever you’re doing. Ignore the stupid idiots who say “it’s just a cold” – it’s absolutely horrible and easily the most ill I’ve ever been, even if I’m not in danger of needing a hospital bed. See you on the other side!

• TheThunderer says:

Happy Christmas from La Romana, Dominican Republic, made possible by HFP. All the best for 2022

• Soo says:

Merry Christmas from Italy.
    And unlimited thanks for everything I’ve picked up from HFP and HFPers, travel related and otherwise. Invaluable font of info and generous sharing.
    Warm wishes and safe travels everyone!

• Craig says:

Merry Xmas from the Hilton Playa del Carmen, Mexico, where you would have no clue that we are living through a global pandemic.

• Stian says: