Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Happy Christmas from the Head for Points team

Happy Christmas to you and your family from all of the team here at HfP.

Long term readers will know that this Christmas Day article is generally used for people to discuss where they have flown to for a Christmas break.

This year, for the second year running, is different. Many plans have been ruined, not just now but across the year. Whilst we are a travel site and travel is what unites us, it is important to remember that many people will be having a far worse Christmas than a lost holiday, away for their loved ones or remembering someone they lost this year.

Life cycles on, of course. Sinead is out in Thailand with her new daughter, Rhys is in Canterbury with this family and I am in London, as my daughter wanted to be around to see her friends for her birthday on Monday. We might disappear after that for a few days ….

I hope you enjoy a well deserved break, wherever in the world you are and whoever you are with. If you are not with anyone, you are definitely not alone in being alone.

Thank you for your support over the past year. Let’s hope for a return to some sort of normality in 2022, although I wrote that in my article last Christmas …..

We will slowly get back into things tomorrow.

With our best wishes,

Rob, Rhys and Sinead

Comments (111)

• Binks says:

Merry Xmas and happy holidays to the hfp community! Thanks to the Rob and the team for the wonderful articles in 2021!
    Xmas. Here’s to another year of wonderful points tips, tricks and all!🎄🎂🍰🍡🧁🍬🍭

• Felix Flyer says:

Merry Christmas everyone from Bermuda. Covid has wrecked my plans for a family Christmas out where I am working but let’s hope for better in 2022. The tips on this certainly help with future planning!

• Will says:

Happy Christmas from Gloucestershire, as always thanks to Rob and all as well as all the contributions from comments.

• The cyclist says:

Wishing all you a very merry Christmas. I spent five hours yesterday morning waiting for my cousin to sober up , after having been arrested for being asleep at the wheel after a session on the evening of the 23rd. The car was parked up, so not drink driving. Fortunately he didn’t use my mums blue badge he had borrowed earlier as he was too pissed, otherwise we could be looking a hefty fine.

• Bent b says:

OTT question

BA gold travelling US domestic AA. Can I invite people into the AA lounge?

• MilesOnPoint says:

Yes, standard Oneworld access rules apply, +1 guest only. Although you can access the superior AA Flagship lounge rather than admirals club if your departure airport has one.

Only AA elites don’t have lounge access on US domestic flights, all other Oneworld status pax do 👍🏻

• Gary says:

Merry Christmas to all. Have a great one wherever you are. Also huge thanks to the HfP Team and its contributors.

• Geoff 1977 says:

Merry Christmas!

Looking for another 9 days of sitting on the sofa doing nothing. What a time to be alive!

• Doommonger says:

Have a delve down the back of the sofa, you never know what you might find!

Doomey.