This is an advertisement for Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited (“Nutmeg”). Nutmeg has agreed to pay the publisher an award for new clients acquired via the promotion of its services on this site. Head for Points is a journalistic website. Nothing here should be construed as financial advice, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that any product is right for your circumstances. Recommendations are based primarily on the ability to earn miles and points. Robert Burgess, trading as Head for Points, is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.
On 4th January, Nutmeg launched a very generous new offer, giving you the opportunity to earn up to 300,000 Avios.
We know how busy that first week of January is for many, so we wanted to do a quick reminder of the offer today as it ends on Monday 31st January.
How you could earn up to 300,000 Avios
There are two earning rates:
- Invest between £500 and £19,999 and for every £1 invested you’ll receive one Avios.
- Invest between £20,000 and £200,000 and you’ll receive 1.5 Avios for every £1 invested. This means that a £200,000 investment earns you 300,000 Avios.
It is possible to invest more than £200,000, but the Avios reward is capped at 300,000 points.
Please note: this offer is only open to new Nutmeg clients – defined as someone who has not previously invested with Nutmeg. Terms and conditions apply.
When will I receive my Avios?
Your bonus Avios will automatically be credited to your British Airways Executive Club account. Nutmeg will calculate your Avios earnings 30 days after the promotion ends and it may take up to a further 45 days for the Avios to reach your British Airways Executive Club account.
If, within 24 months of opening your account, you make a withdrawal that brings your account balance to below your initial invested amount, Nutmeg reserves the right to withdraw a cash amount from the closing balance which will be based on the amount you initially invested. You can see the full list of deductions in the terms and conditions.
Which products are included in the offer?
There are five Nutmeg investment products included in the offer: a Junior ISA, a Lifetime ISA, a stocks and shares ISA, a personal pension and a General Investment Account (GIA).
Nutmeg offers four investment styles to pick from:
- Fully managed – These portfolios are proactively managed by Nutmeg’s experienced investment team who make strategic adjustments to try and protect against losses and boost returns.
- Smart Alpha* (Powered by J.P. Morgan Asset Management) – J.P. Morgan Asset Management adapts your portfolio during changing market conditions, while using their in-house research to select securities with the aim of delivering better returns.
- Socially Responsible – Like the Fully Managed style, these portfolios are proactively managed by Nutmeg’s investment team and are tilted towards companies and bond issuers that have high environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards.
- Fixed Allocation – These portfolios are designed to perform without the intervention of Nutmeg’s investment team. The portfolios are rebalanced to ensure your investments match your risk level, but the assets will only be reviewed once a year to make sure they’re still right for you.
What is Nutmeg?
Nutmeg is an innovative online wealth management service that builds and manages global investment portfolios for anyone looking to invest as little as £500.
They are well-respected by the investment industry – Nutmeg was awarded the Boring Money Best Buy ISA 2021, Best For Sustainable ISA 2021 and Best For Sustainable Pension 2021. They also won Best LISA Provider at the Online Personal Wealth Award 2021 and the company is rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot.
How much do I need to invest?
You can open an account with the minimum contribution for an ISA, General Investment Account (GIA), or pension of just £500.
For a Lifetime ISA or Junior ISA, while the minimum investment amount for these products is £100, you will also need to invest a minimum of £500 to be eligible for this promotion.
What is the maximum I can invest?
The maximum you are allowed to invest in an ISA this tax year, which runs to 5th April 2022, is £20,000. You can invest more but anything you commit beyond £20,000 will be placed in a General Investment Account and will be subject to capital gains tax.
In addition, you can also put up to £9,000 this tax year into a Junior ISA for your child. This will not affect your personal ISA allowance!
Alternatively, you can transfer ISAs from previous tax years or old pensions of any size above £500, and you will still qualify for the promotion.
Please note: Avios are not awarded for customers opening ISAs which are 100% invested in cash. The Avios you receive will be based on the total amount you contribute to the first Nutmeg product you open, during the promotional period.
How do I apply?
You need to sign up and invest via this special landing page to earn Avios – applications via the standard Nutmeg home page will not earn any Avios.
Please make sure you have a valid British Airways Executive Club account before you apply in order to receive your Avios.
ISA, pension or Junior ISA transfers initiated before the promotion ends will also be eligible. The transfer does not necessarily have to complete by the offer end date.
Remember, as with all investing, that your capital is at risk. The value of your portfolio with Nutmeg can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you invest. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future. If you are unsure if any of these products are the right choice for you, please seek financial advice.
The offer ends at midnight on 31st January 2022. You can apply here.
*SmartAlpha is a trade mark of Schroders plc and is used under licence.