This is an advertising feature by American Express
To celebrate the new American Express® Business Platinum Card limited time offer of 60,000 Membership Rewards points, American Express is offering two lucky Head for Points readers the chance to win an exclusive money-can’t-buy theatre experience.
The winners will receive two tickets each to see the much-anticipated Blues for an Alabama Sky production featuring Samira Wiley (known for her work in The Handmaid’s Tale and Orange is the New Black) on 1st November at the National Theatre.
The winner and their guest will receive ‘best in house’ seats and will be invited to a pre-show Nyetimber and canapé reception where they will hear a member of the National Theatre Creative Arts team talk about the production.
How to enter
Click here to complete the online form to provide your details: full name, email address and confirmation of the American Express® card you hold (if you have one – this is not a requirement of entry) to be entered into the Prize Draw.
Important terms and conditions
- UK residents only, aged 18+.
- The competition opens at 04:00 on 19th October 2022 and closes at 23:59 24th October 2022.
- Visit this page to submit your details to be entered into the Prize Draw.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prize: win 2 x Pair of Theatre tickets for Blues for an Alabama Sky on 01/11/22 at the National Theatre, including Pre-performance Platinum experience.
- Internet access and a valid email address are required.
- Max 1 entry per person. Max 1 Prize per person.
- Winners must respond within 1 day of being contacted in order to claim their Prize.
- Click here for full T&Cs and Prize details.
- Promoter: American Express Services Europe Limited, Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom.
Why is American Express running this competition?
As you may have seen in our article yesterday, there is a very attractive 60,000 points limited time bonus for anyone who signs up to the American Express Business Platinum Card before 16th November.
You will need to spend £8,000 within three months of holding the Card to trigger the bonus.
To promote the limited time sign-up offer, the American Express Business Platinum team have worked with their colleagues at Amex Experiences to provide this exclusive competition for Head for Points readers.
What are Amex Experiences?
Through Amex Experiences, American Express provides its Cardmembers with pre-sale ticket access to the most sought-after entertainment, dining and travel experiences in the UK.
This year, American Express partnered events include The Championships, Wimbledon, American Express presents BST Hyde Park, BFI London Film Festival, London Restaurant Festival, Somerset House Summer Series, as well as ongoing partnerships with shows at the National Theatre, and The O2.
You can find out more about American Express Experiences here.
What are the benefits of the American Express Business Platinum Card?
American Express have recently enhanced the benefits package of the American Express Business Platinum Card by adding a brand new £200 annual travel credit to spend with Amex Travel. This adds another reason to consider the American Express Business Platinum Card if you are a small business owner.
Here are a few of the additional benefits that Cardmembers can enjoy:
- The chance to earn an extra 10,000 Membership Rewards® point bonus in every month where you spend £10,000+. This is capped at 120,000 bonus points per year.
- You will receive a complimentary Priority Pass card. Priority Pass is a network of 1,400 airport lounges across the world, including eight in London Heathrow. This includes the Club Aspire lounge in BA’s Heathrow Terminal 5. Your Priority Pass allows an unlimited number of free visits to their lounges. You can also bring in a guest for free.
- You can also access American Express Centurion® lounges with a guest, including the new Centurion Lounge in Heathrow Terminal 3.
- You will receive enhanced status in a variety of hotel loyalty programmes including Gold status in Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors and Radisson Rewards.
- You receive £150 or equivalent cashback when you book a onefinestay home rental.
- You receive a free digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times
- You receive £150 credit per year to spend with Dell. No minimum spend applies but the credit is split into two parts. You can earn £75 cashback between January and June and £75 cashback between July and December.
There is an annual fee of £650 for the American Express Business Platinum Card, which is refundable pro-rata if you cancel.
Blues for an Alabama Sky is already receiving excellent reviews (it opened just a few weeks ago).
Not only will the winner get two of the best seats in the house, they’ll also get fascinating insights into the making of the production with members of the National Theatre Creative Arts team, along with some drinks and nibbles thrown in too.
The competition closes at 23:59 on 24th October. Good luck!