Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Plat charge card annual fee payable monthly? Reply To: Amex Plat charge card annual fee payable monthly?

CarpalTravel 380 posts

Hi CarpalTravel when I called prior to opening the charge card account I would always call through my BA Amex and would of hoped that the convo was recorded in the notes, whether it has or not who knows. I’ve called back and this particular agent said will send to the back office to investigate and will get a response in 7-10 days however no guarantees . I don’t owe anything on the card, Just the fee , which I prefer to pay monthly if possible

Ah that is excellent! My response was based on the assumption you were just a member of Joe Public calling a number to ask a question, having gone via your account changes everything! Yes all calls were recorded and if you felt so minded, as part of GDPR rules you could ask for them all to be transcribed for your literary pleasure! You should be on very solid ground then with this.

{Note, they may try and charge a small fee for this}

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.