Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Heading to work in the US. Card suggestions? Reply To: Heading to work in the US. Card suggestions?

memesweeper 1,295 posts

If you don’t want a tax code or SSN *and* a bank account get the Amex ICC dollar card (and use Wise or Revolut to fund the Amex card, you may find the local bank account is a dark-ages thing with a poor app).

If you get these prerequisites sorted then the top-tier Amex Bonvoy has no FX fees, so you can keep using it when you return to the UK until the expiry date on the card. Any replacement, however, will only be sent to a US postal address, so try not to loose or damage it! As @Sam suggests, the UK team can help get this sorted.

  • This reply was modified 54 years, 5 months ago by .

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.