Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Plat delayed baggage on Iberia flight Reply To: Amex Plat delayed baggage on Iberia flight

kwho 62 posts

I was in a similar situation back in May. Answers below:

1. You must first claim from IB. They will pay out £60 per claim/bag. If you are two people sharing one delayed bag, they will still only pay out £60. You cannot make 2 claims. Bonkers!
2. Amex will ask you to confirm that you claimed already. If you answer no, they will automatically decline claim. They should pay the difference, but I am still waiting for it, so am hoping.
3. You have to make the purchase on any AMEX you have, they will make exceptions if the retailer does not take AMEX
4. I think AMEX should know about any refunds.
5. You MUST claim from both IB and AMEX. IB pays £60 (once) Amex pays difference (still waiting for funds, so cannot be sure)
6. It’s under Loss of Personal Belongings, which depends on your AMEX limit. Platinum is £2,000

Hope it helps.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.