Forums › Other › Flight changes and cancellations help › Outrageous ‘customer service’ at Qatar check in – who to complain to? › Reply To: Outrageous ‘customer service’ at Qatar check in – who to complain to?
Admittedly I don’t have a recent experience, but on an LHR-DOH flight back in 2016, with no status at the time, I was allowed at the time of booking to select upper deck economy seats on the A380 for no fee, which showed as ‘Confirmed’ with a green tick next to our names all the way till a day before departure when we were kicked off unceremoniously to the lower deck.
After a quick phonecall, I was told to plead our case at the airport, which I did. The story -then- was that the economy upper deck was reserved for OW status passengers only (which was indeed the case), hence why this happened, but I argued on the basis that I was allowed to select the seats to begin with. The agent conferred with her manager and within a few minutes, reinstated the original seats.
If such IT shortfalls persist, it’s very possible that this was one of them…
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- LondonFly on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- Not Long Now… on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- davefl on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- NYB90 on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- RTS on Cash Advance Fee
- Helloboy on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- drdan on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- nickd19 on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- seki on BA not updating my tier points!
- Joecooljoe on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.