Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Outrageous ‘customer service’ at Qatar check in – who to complain to? Reply To: Outrageous ‘customer service’ at Qatar check in – who to complain to?

George K 289 posts

Admittedly I don’t have a recent experience, but on an LHR-DOH flight back in 2016, with no status at the time, I was allowed at the time of booking to select upper deck economy seats on the A380 for no fee, which showed as ‘Confirmed’ with a green tick next to our names all the way till a day before departure when we were kicked off unceremoniously to the lower deck.

After a quick phonecall, I was told to plead our case at the airport, which I did. The story -then- was that the economy upper deck was reserved for OW status passengers only (which was indeed the case), hence why this happened, but I argued on the basis that I was allowed to select the seats to begin with. The agent conferred with her manager and within a few minutes, reinstated the original seats.

If such IT shortfalls persist, it’s very possible that this was one of them…

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.