We’ve used the petrol station before – not often but once or twice on the journey up/back. This time it was a time I needed to input the PIN rather than tap and go so I did wonder if he could have viewed the CCTV after we’d gone (very early on a Sunday morning) to to see what ‘shape’ our PIN was…? Not sure if then he had access to the card number from the transaction or what.
Will Barclays let me know anything or will I just get the text to say investigation closed? Part of me is now worrying that with the investigation being so quick they could decide it was me that spent it. I have my neighbours on standby as an alibi as we had a BBQ around theirs on the night the money was spent!!!
Another option my husband has decided on is that the restaurant (or staff member there) is in on it too and the £996 was actually put through and pocketed in real cash.
All it bit beyond my imagination to be honest.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Avios not refunded
- JDB on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- JDB on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Dragonlady on Virgin Voyages not returning to Australia later this year
- tiberius on Anyone been to Bahrain?
- tootsci on Crediting Avios on Vueling to IB?
- jj on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- peasoup on Aer Lingus new qualification period – 1st April 2024
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.