Forums › Other › Flight changes and cancellations help › Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave › Reply To: Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave
There’s nothing to stop you claiming, but I think they will rely upon Recital 15. In terms of whether it was reasonable to send the aircraft back empty, I think the answer is no. You are forgetting the pax at LTN also expecting to travel on that aircraft and in the general mess of that day, they also might not have got timely ATC clearance.
I don’t know if Recital 15 has been tested, but it doesn’t seem to carry the ‘reasonable measures’ test and contrary to some of the advice given here that an ‘extraordinary’ incident relating to an inbound aircraft doesn’t then apply to the outbound (which I think is generally not correct anyway) this is also provided for in Recital 15.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Man of Kent on Washington DC and Seattle things to do/see?
- Cornell on Free 8000 Virgin Red points for [some] 02 customers
- aso40 on Anyone received TP/Avios yet on a Cathay P Class Business ticket?
- can2 on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- jintycat on Car hire in New Zealand advice
- Pogonation on BA companion voucher anomaly
- Alex G on BA companion voucher anomaly
- yonasl on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- NorthernLass on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- NorthernLass on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.