Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave Reply To: Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave

JDB 4,181 posts

There’s nothing to stop you claiming, but I think they will rely upon Recital 15. In terms of whether it was reasonable to send the aircraft back empty, I think the answer is no. You are forgetting the pax at LTN also expecting to travel on that aircraft and in the general mess of that day, they also might not have got timely ATC clearance.

I don’t know if Recital 15 has been tested, but it doesn’t seem to carry the ‘reasonable measures’ test and contrary to some of the advice given here that an ‘extraordinary’ incident relating to an inbound aircraft doesn’t then apply to the outbound (which I think is generally not correct anyway) this is also provided for in Recital 15.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.