Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave Reply To: Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave

yonasl 922 posts

Thanks guys.

Technically Luton was only closed for a few hours.

The plane landed in STN instead of LTN one hour late. On flightradar it then shows it took of from LTN the next morning. So we don’t know when the plane changed airports.

To be honest, it is sort of clearly an exc. circumstance but Wizzair was so annoying they just kept delaying the flight (9pm to 11pm then 1am then 2am). They only cancelled it at midnight when it was clear since 5pm this flight was not making it to the UK and back*. Hence just wanting to pay them back with some well deserved UK261 requests.

* I luckily saw this thanks to FlightRadar and other tools. I was able to extend my rental and was staying with friends there. But I can only think of the poor families and people waiting at the airport for hours instead of just being supported and being told to go home.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.