Forums › Other › Flight changes and cancellations help › Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave › Reply To: Just trying to annoy Wizzair – Flight Cancellation during heatwave
Technically Luton was only closed for a few hours.
The plane landed in STN instead of LTN one hour late. On flightradar it then shows it took of from LTN the next morning. So we don’t know when the plane changed airports.
To be honest, it is sort of clearly an exc. circumstance but Wizzair was so annoying they just kept delaying the flight (9pm to 11pm then 1am then 2am). They only cancelled it at midnight when it was clear since 5pm this flight was not making it to the UK and back*. Hence just wanting to pay them back with some well deserved UK261 requests.
* I luckily saw this thanks to FlightRadar and other tools. I was able to extend my rental and was staying with friends there. But I can only think of the poor families and people waiting at the airport for hours instead of just being supported and being told to go home.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- brian on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- pbcold on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- NigelHamilton on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- Thaliasilje on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- duggie1982 on Curve changes from November 10th
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Avios not refunded
- JDB on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- JDB on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.