Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard thread Reply To: The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard thread

chrism20 89 posts

I’m still having an issue with a transaction on this card and I really don’t think they have a clue what they are doing.

Back at the end of September I made a purchase online from Boots for around £35. Transaction went through fine and I received the goods. Nothing was returned and at the start of October I received a push message on my phone saying the refund for the transaction had been processed and the Avios would be removed. They were removed the following day.

The refund shows on the transaction list and shows the points being deducted, however the cash hasn’t went back. I have returned anything so I’m not expecting the cash.

Contacted them in the first few days of October and was advised it would need to be investigated. Received an email about ten days later saying it was still being looked at. Two weeks after that I emailed asking if there was an updated and received back a response saying it was still being looked at and that the person dealing with it was now going on holiday and it was being passed to a manager to reply early the following week.

One day short of a fortnight later I received a reply with a copy of the card statement and they are saying it shows that the refund has been applied. The statement clearly shows the refund being applied, however the balance before and after the refund are exactly the same.

They can’t explain to me what has happened and they appear to have no idea how to fix it and add a paltry 17 Avios back to the account. It’s getting quite comical.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.