Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Maldives first-timers with teenage girls Reply To: Maldives first-timers with teenage girls

timajackson 58 posts

Well done & hope the palpitations from these midnight calls settled. Sorry can’t answer with first hand experience as going as a family for the first time over Christmas, but I found this thread helpful.
https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/maldives-hotel-recommendation-best-non-points-options/#post-351725
Good idea to stick to resorts reachable by seaplanes. Would avoid any resorts that require a domestic flight plus speedboat transfer (ie very far from MLE) as BA inbound departs 1145hrs which would sometimes mean needing to check out 3-4am.

Thanks Gary. That is very helpful indeed. In answer to your point about the midnight palpitations, it was doubly bad because the 2 companion vouchers were on separate accounts, one for me and one for my wife, so we had to make 2 bookings simultaenously and hope that all 4 rewrd flights would be available. As it happened, the outbound flight kept rejecting my attempted booking in Club for me and my younger daughter even though it showed availibility because there is seemingly an issue with BA’s IT systems for working out the tax on children but it let me book us both Premium. On the return, again I booked them both online at midnight this morning and then a very friendly customer service lady this morning was able to upgrade 2 of the returns to Club to match the others and link both legs with the companion vouchers. It took 50 minutes but she was excellent. So we have ended up with 6 out of 8 legs in club and 2 in premium (and nerves shredded all day)

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.