Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard Avios Plus not showing on Barclaycard system – 100k offer issue Reply To: Barclaycard Avios Plus not showing on Barclaycard system – 100k offer issue

redhroogar 2 posts

L
I did switch from the free Avios Card to the Premier Card before the 30/11 deadline so am wondering if I qualify for the 100k?? As it happens I was very close (~£2k) to the £20k target for the upgrade voucher on that card. However even though I didn’t receive the Avios+ card until after Xmas they switched the £4k of spending on the old card to the new one so haven’t received the Voucher.
The call centre agent I spoke to yesterday didn’t have a clue (no training regarding this promotion).
Neither could they work out what happened with the card account payment. The due date was originally 3rd of the month which has slipped to the 9th on the new card. They debited my Original bank account £42.24 on the 3/1 (I was expecting ~£2.3k to clear the balance on the free card). I then immediately received a text that I hadn’t paid the minimum amount and pay another £32 to avoid the £12 late payment fee!
Shambles or what! At this point in time I’m glad that I haven’t “switched” my current account to them!

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.