Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life City Airport to abandon 100ml liquids rule by Easter Reply To: City Airport to abandon 100ml liquids rule by Easter

redlilly 114 posts

I got a rather embarrassing grilling about some medication I had in an “extra” ziplock bag returning from OPO last summer, even though it was only 75 ml! Has it changed in the meantime?

They have had the “special scanners” there for some time, but yes they do typically pull bags aside at random for a rummage. You do still need to stick to some sort of liquid allowance, even with the “special scanners”, but I have no idea what the allowance is (it’s not well advertised in the airport) and given we travel HBO generally on BA or TAP via LHR it’s not like we carry lots of liquids out. Strange that they pulled the meds out. I think some airports get a bit creeped by seeing meds and packets of pills, especially in the Middle East (I had a similar experience when transiting alone through Doha earlier in February – not ideal!).

OPO is one of the airports that has twice now, in the past 3 months, failed to pick up on the water in my half filled 2 litre camelback. Though gratefully, they have now finally installed a water fountain just after security, which even has sparkling water!! My OH was so happy he nearly did a little dance to celebrate!! The small things hey – no longer need to worry about smuggling water through!!

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.