Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex card suspended and then cancelled Reply To: Amex card suspended and then cancelled

Colin MacKinnon 300 posts

Other half just off online chat with Amex to get a refund of around £1k on a cancelled card.

They asked for the details of the last payment made, which was mid-January. It turns out that, just about to go on holiday, I paid off both my and her Amex cards from my account. Wouldn’t have thought it mattered, we both have financial power of attorney over each other. We like to pay off all our cards before holidays, rather than wait for the DD.

But Amex sent her a form to fill in with her and my details, wanted a copy of the bank statement and proof of my ID.

After that, they seem happy – hopefully!

Next time, I’ll make sure we are logged into the appropriate accounts. Anti-money laundering seems to be flagging up all sorts of things that it never used to bother about.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.