Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD Reply To: Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD

magyar 5 posts

Hi there, bit of a newbie to Amex Platinum etc. I have both Amex Platinum and a BAPP. I travel both on business, for which air fares are paid centrally via an agency but everything else (hotels, meals, taxis etc.) are paid myself and expensed, and personally which I usually charge to the BAPP until I get to the voucher threshold.

Having read this thread, I think I’m right in that it doesn’t matter whether I pay for personal travel etc. on the BAPP or the Plat, I would still get the Plat benefits?

For business travel, would I get *any* cover? (assuming hotels etc. paid for using BAPP or Plat). My company has travel insurance as well, but it’s a bit more limited than the Amex one.

Also, what happens if someone else pays for travel? I’m going on a road trip with some friends to Croatia later this year and we are splitting the costs fairly loosely, i.e. one person has paid for the le Shuttle tickets, I am paying one of the hotels, we’ll take turns paying for petrol on the way.

Sorry if these are noddy questions….

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.