Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Avios downgrade from First to Club without any compensation! Reply To: BA Avios downgrade from First to Club without any compensation!

rakesh 20 posts

Good morning all

Unfortunately on our recent family trip we encountered 3 problems including downgrade of my sister on her birthday from First to Club. (Also outbound delayed luggage and over 3 hours delayed arrival on return)

Reading this thread it looks like it is a battle to get the reimbursements due

The downgrade happened at check-in due to overbooking of the first class cabin (this is clearly stated on the boarding card . No prior notification.
Potential complication is I booked my sister flights via Cathay Pacific Asia miles. (Had some orphaned miles I wanted to use up)

Wonder if it possible for me to share the email and pdf I sent to BA for people for any advice.
First time making an airline claim and not sure if I have been clear and covered all I should have

Thanka

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.