Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Describe an optimal boarding and cabin baggage system Reply To: Describe an optimal boarding and cabin baggage system

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,151 posts

I agree with a lot of what BWS says however I disagree with the following:
– Y special assistance passenger boards AFTER premium cabin passengers – because that would slow down boarding overall and make it difficult for them to reach their seats and you would have to ensure all premium cabin pax remain seated throughout.

– Late boarding Y passengers do not get automatic assistance from the crew to find a space for their cabin trolley case above the premium cabin seats to the detriment of those already boarded – This would actually delay departure of the flight even more than it already is. I would prefer it if everyone else on board gave the late pax a slow clap welcome

I try to arrive at the gate as late as is practical before it closes. I don’t like to rush but neither do I dawdle on my way to the gate. I would much rather spend more time in the lounge than sit (or stand) at the gate for another 25 minutes before boarding commences.

I think it would be a nicer experience as a premium cabin passenger to board last especially on shorthaul. Let the economy cabin board first but have crew absolutely police the no bags in Club Europe if you are in Euro Traveller.

Yes AJA, you are onto a strong seam of sense here. I too would rather board last but feel duty bound to board early so that the overhead space is still there. Whereas if the crew policed its use, I wouldn’t have such worries.

Aer Lingus Aerspace is sold with reserved overhead space as a feature of the fare type. As such the crew do consistently police it. Makes such a difference.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.