Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Buy Avios for as little as 0.825p via Finnair special offer Reply To: Buy Avios for as little as 0.825p via Finnair special offer

Indy500 140 posts

D’oh! I just bought 38,856 avios for £357.48 (at 0.9200p each tonight) via Balance Boost.

Will read Rob’s article tomorrow and possibly cancel this purchase and cancel my BA avios subscription for next year, when it renews in three months time – if in fact I can just buy a lump sum now cheaper than the BA sub! No brainer?

When the BA subscription renews, would it be £1789 that I subscribed for or the new rate of £1989?

I like the sound of 0.825p compared to my current sub rate of 0.89p or the new rate of 0.995p!

I was interviewed by Avios as part of a marketing exercise recently and I asked about the renewal price and verbally she said the price would remain the same as long as the plan remains continuous. They sent this quote:

“Why is my subscription price different to what’s on the home page?
We change subscription prices from time to time, so the price displayed on the home page can be different from the price you pay. Your active subscription price is displayed in ‘My Subscription’ area and it’s the price accepted at the start of your subscription. You’ll pay this price for as long as your subscription plan remains active. If you choose to cancel and resubscribe, new prices will apply.”

Indy

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.