Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Curve changes from November 10th Reply To: Curve changes from November 10th

Iainm 55 posts

So now with all this news it may be worth asking a few questions. I’m still baffled as to what curve thinks is a fronted transaction. There seems to be no obvious way to tell. I’m sure me paying off a credit card using my curve is definitely fronting. Yet some savings accounts allow you to top up via Apple Pay and whilst not allowing a credit card, curve does work. So is this fronted?

And someone mentioned topping up an ISA and this not counting as fronting. I assume this only works if you can use credit cards to top up this ISA, in which case how does Curve know that the retailer accepts credit cards (and presumably debit cards) and hence doesn’t count it as a fronted transaction?

Which savings accounts or ISA’s accept credit card top ups which don’t count as fronted and don’t incur some kind of fee from the underlying credit card (Barclaycard)? Happy to exchange info, I have a savings account that allows unlimited topups via Apple Pay to easily reach the fronted limit monthly.

I’ve emailed.

It’s hot today!

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.