Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA flight cancelled. Downgraded from Club to Traveller on earlier flight. Reply To: BA flight cancelled. Downgraded from Club to Traveller on earlier flight.

JDB 4,818 posts

This claim has been with CEDR for several months. Today ba issued a defence via a message through the CEDR process. CEDR have asked me to respond. My response will be that I want the dispute to go to arbitration

You can do that, but you may also wish to address/correct any points in BA’s that are factually inaccurate or misleading. I don’t know what BA’s defence is but I imagine they will have thrown up various issues to obfuscate matters. If they have, it’s potentially worth simply restating that objectively there is no defence:- ie it should not be disputed that your original flight was cancelled, nor that your rerouting was in a downgraded class and that accordingly should be reimbursed on the basis of the formula in Article 10, calculated in accordance with the CJEU’s judgment in Mennens and that BA’s proposal simply to refund the difference in Avios/taxes fails to meet the statutory requirements. This reimbursement should be paid in addition to cancellation compensation. For the avoidance of doubt you seek this downgrading reimbursement and cancellation compensation per person, although you used a 241.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.