Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club The ‘How to book the return leg with 2-4-1 companion voucher’ thread Reply To: The ‘How to book the return leg with 2-4-1 companion voucher’ thread

tmessenger 3 posts

First time poster but wanted to update everybody on my experience of this earlier this week. The invaluable advice in this thread was incredibly helpful.

My partner and I were looking to book Business reward flights from London to Mauritius on 10 September 2024. We phoned the US number (+18004521201) at 00:40 on T-355 to book and all seemed to go fine until we got cut off at 00:55 by a message telling us the lines were closed. Gah! We quickly phoned back, went through the options, and were told again that the lines were closed. By this time it was 01:00 so we were afraid that our chosen flights would have been snapped up.

In a panic, my partner found another number on Google (+18002479297) which got us through almost immediately. I have no idea what this number is supposed to be used for. After going through security and being told that the flights were (amazingly) still available, the call handler told us that she wouldn’t be able to help as she doesn’t normally work with Companion Vouchers. I think she sensed our slight desperation at this point as after a bit of back and forth she promised to ‘give it a go’.

Amazingly it all worked. She managed to reserve two Business seats on the flight we wanted with our Companion Voucher. We’re now planning on phoning back up and doing it all again for the return flights in 10 days time.

It really shouldn’t be this difficult to sort this but BA is BA after all. Thanks again to everyone in this thread!

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.