Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Any BA Holidays long haul sweet spots for tier points? Reply To: Any BA Holidays long haul sweet spots for tier points?

Amy C 380 posts

OK so we have another genius in the club NL! I can’t get my head around how you got that done and how labour intensive it must have been but congrats. What time of year is it for? I just priced up a return to Scotland in June or July with 5 days car and it’s coming back in the £7-800s! The car alone being about £500+ of that. At this point I muttered to myself how impossible it all is, stuck my bottom lip out and went downstairs to eat cake.

If you sandwiched your Scotland break between a detour to Sofia outbound and Bucharest inbound, with overnight hotels in each, then for a couple of hundred pounds more you could net 800TPs and 15000 Avios – that’s based on a similar jolly we’ve booked in May, but costs in late June seem similar. Obs price per person depends on whether 1 or 2 pax travelling, in terms of splitting the car hire and/or hotel costs. And sense of doing this obvs depends on whether you just want a good value break in Scotland, or you want a bunch of cheap extra TPS for status qualification purposes!

I’ve so far spent an hour and ten minutes this morning trying to do this and meeting brick walls. My brain functions best very early so it’s not like I’m half asleep either. I think I’m just thick. Personally I don’t want 800+ TP. Just the 600 for Silver will do me. I’ve decided, rather than chase them in my current year (I’m already Silver) I’ll try to get them in ASAP in my next year (after June 8th ’24). I think it’ll only be me travelling and I want both the cheap TP AND a good value break in Scotland :)! Which won’t actually be good value with just me coughing up for everything inc hotels :(. I am a bit limited in really needing to go around 6-18 June or 4-14th of July or first week in Aug. Perhaps that’s the problem. However, I have a sneaking suspicion it’s me just not doing it correctly.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.