Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Dear Amex, are you on glue??? Reply To: Dear Amex, are you on glue???

The real Swiss Tony 700 posts

“I haven’t spent 5k on it since May! ”

Isn’t that the whole purpose of the offer? To make you spend? The entitlement of some of the users here… ‘I haven’t spent much, so Amex must give me free avios!’

Not sure how that translates to entitlement. Perhaps you can explain?? I’ve been spending about 1k a month on that card since the start of the account year. It just seems odd that they think I’ll randomly find a way of increasing my amex spend 5x in what is probably a historically quiet time for transactions anyway. The offer window is too short, the reward is too low or the spend target is too high at least for me.

Make it to Dec 1st and it might be possible, but even then it’s only an extra £20-30 worth of Avios.

I was hoping I was the outlier as a result of putting a big txn through in March, thereby confusing the system, but evidently not.

And as a responsible lender, right now is probably not the time to be encouraging rampant spending.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.