Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help BA flight cancelled. Downgraded from Club to Traveller on earlier flight. Reply To: BA flight cancelled. Downgraded from Club to Traveller on earlier flight.

thesecretsanta 3 posts

I didn’t claim for cancellation as I hadn’t seen the ‘comparable transport conditions’ part – I looked on https://www.legislation.gov.uk/eur/2004/261/article/7 which focusses only the time, rather than 8 which notes the comparable conditions, so I missed that.
That said, I’ve just looked back through my email exchanges with BA and I have never actually said that I don’t want cancellation compensation, just that this claim is for downgrade reimbursement and they keep focusing on the time of the alternative flight (when they quoted the legislation, surprisingly they didn’t quote the part that notes comparable conditions…). So if CEDR do side with BA on the downgrade reimbursement, could I then start a new claim for cancellation compensation given the re-routing was not in comparable transport conditions?

I didn’t claim for both as per above I didn’t realise there was a comparable conditions clause, but even if i had i am trying to be reasonable with them here so just expect reasonable compensation – claiming for both would seem unreasonable to me, although i’d be happy to accept both 🙂

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.