Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

HertsSam 20 posts

You need to look at partner airlines and their route maps.
Flying BA might be convenient because you may not need to change plane but that is not always the case, Australia being an example.
With the Delta partnership with Virgin, does give you many destinations in the Americas.
For example I tried a dummmy booking with Virgin to fly from LHR to Seoul. At the time I tried, the Virgin website did not find any suitable flights. I then split up the journey by 1st flying to LAX on Virgin then flying from LAX to Seoul on Delta, and these 2 journeys were possible ib points. Seoul is not a great example because Korean Airlines is part of SkyTeam along with Virgin. I was making the point that I can’t always find an indirect flight on one airline’s website so need to use maybe 2 or more airline websites.
But then I am a newbie at all this and maybe doing it all wrong.
Edited to add, as of time of writing, Virgin’s website is showing flights to ICN.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.