Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express When they don’t take Amex Reply To: When they don’t take Amex

rum 276 posts

Whether you will get better value depends on how and where you use the card + how much you spend. Curve just means that you can get the underlying points on eg Barclaycard without an FX fee. Some reward cards eg Virgin offer this but only in limited countries/currencies and there are cashback debit cards like Chase that offer no FX fees or simple credit cards with no rewards. Probably, without ‘fronted’ Curve makes less sense.

Actually there is one more benefit to Curve, in that by charging FX spend to an (underlying) credit card, you can delay the payment by as many days as the credit card gives you as interest free. If you’re using Chase (which I also have), the funds literally leave your account there and then.

I’m not sure I’d ever use fronted, so I don’t think it makes sense to keep Curve. I need to read through the new limits for the various curve plans.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.