Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club What happens when Avios get the tax and fees wrong …. Reply To: What happens when Avios get the tax and fees wrong ….

aq.1988 489 posts

Good luck OP!
You’re braver than I am, because I could never risk paying £10k with the view of claiming it back later!

Thank you. I had little choice and I knew I would have a problems getting it resolved but in no way did I realise it would be this bad. I thought I would get the money refunded before the credit card bill hit the door mat. In fact (I think because I flagged the issue with the Chief of cabin crew) my over confidence was because I got a phone call from BA they day after my flight apologising profusely.

I’ve spoken to Amex so hopefully this could focus BA on giving my money back.

Just to note, despite paying £10-11k for the tickets i had already spent 000,000’s of Avios’ on, the system knows that I should not be awarded tier points or Avios on the spend.

Were there any economy or PE seats available?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.