Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA Cancelled flight- 8 hours notice Reply To: BA Cancelled flight- 8 hours notice

meta 1,465 posts

@AJA @Matt my experience of seeing cases over 10+ years (including my own), BA will sometimes pay without a quibble (in my own recent cases all the time) over £200ppn. This will be based on number of factors a) location (once paid to me £500 per night as there was no other reasonable option nearby and it was a city and plenty of other options just not close to where I was) b) the difference between what’s reasonable in BA’s eyes is negligible, say £50 extra per person c) the agent handling or legal team doesn’t care and just approves it (possibly related to low claims or them having targets to hit). d) country/place is expensive or involves complicated move from one hotel to another (such as Maldives or if you’re on a different island/somewhere remote).

So as the legislation and guidelines state, it’s to be determined on a case-by-case basis. And you can’t without any certainty state that BA will pay something without the quibble as even £200 might be excessive in some places!

Regarding transport between LGW/LHR – in my experience they’ll pay for taxi for early/late arrivals and if you have lot of checked in luggage (more than 1 piece). Otherwise it’s public transport or you can take them to MCOL and then they’ll probably pay for taxi (not Wheely First Class Service though!)

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.