I am in exactly the same position and was veering towards keeping as have a lot of trips next year and the no nonsense insurance is a bonus. HOWEVER they have just suspended my ability to refer which has left a sour taste in my mouth. So now as soon as i receive the 80k MR i will be cancelling
Amex Plat is far from a “no nonsense” insurance policy!
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- hugo r on Amex Marriott card
- mecrash on Redemption cancellations
- BBbetter on Should I renew InterContinental Ambassador?
- aq.1988 on Amex Marriott card
- phantomchickenz on Should I renew InterContinental Ambassador?
- points_worrier on Early departure compensation
- marks7389 on Aeromexico redemption seats showing as available but not bookable via Virgin
- aq.1988 on Platinum 60,000 sign up bonus if referred
- Richie on Early departure compensation
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Early departure compensation
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.