Forums › Other › Destination advice › My draft Thailand / Japan itinerary – suggestions please › Reply To: My draft Thailand / Japan itinerary – suggestions please
i’m in Japan now (first time), Kobe to be precise… i flew into Tokyo, then up to do 5 days in Hokkaido (rental car), back to Tokyo on plane before train to Hiroshima (bought the 21-day JR pass before price increase). 3 days there, then 3 here in Kobe, then I’ll do 3 in Osaka, 4 in Kyoto and 5 in Tokyo
3pm check-in has been standard so far, but all the hotels have allowed early bag drop-off. I book close to the JR train stations, checkout in the morning, train to the next city and then drop bags off and still have most of the day. I can pack/unpack in about 30mins and have managed to do some nice hikes and seen a lot of stuff i’ve wanted to see.
Travel is as easy or as difficult as you want it to be, and there is no ‘right’ way
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Super Secret Stuff on Avios for UK -> Thailand
- phantomchickenz on Should I renew InterContinental Ambassador?
- kebl2555 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Super Secret Stuff on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- brian on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- pbcold on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- NigelHamilton on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- Thaliasilje on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- duggie1982 on Curve changes from November 10th
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.