Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Am I missing some value with the Platinum Card? Reply To: Am I missing some value with the Platinum Card?

Luca M 391 posts

I am one of those that still find the Platinum Chargecard to give plenty of benefit and so at the moment planning to keep it even with the fee increase to £650.

With regards to the commentary above, in terms of MR points earning, the rea flagship, the centurion, is equally bad, so it makes the Platinum earning rate not a big issue. I personally use the BAPP for most of my spend, and the Platinum for offers related spending only.

With regards to the free additional green/gold cards on our Platinum Chargecard account, my understanding is that no matter the colour of the card, the earning rate will still be the one of the underlining card account, and thus the platinum, am I wrong?

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.