I think @lhar’s got it right and it’s a targeted move for someone internally. But for some reason they’ve got to advertise.
So I think the answer to that question will be “same or not much more than the targetee is already on”.
Ironically these non-jobs can pay very well (especially if they’re in HR and HR has done the job evaluation).
If it was a truly open process then I’d say £75k if they’re cheap, otherwise close to £90k-£110k plus car allowance and benefits.
I would guess you are slightly under. My partner, much to @JDB’s chagrin works in this area. Their role is all about efficiency and cost savings, plus ensuring processes are changed to get things right first time.
Based on salaries at her level of expertise, which saves companies eight figures a year and extrapolating that to a role two levels more senior whilst adding London weighting, I’d make the salary band £100k to £125k.
Contractors in that area and level charge upwards of £1k per day, if they are actually good at their job.
When you understand the reasoning behind the olive being removed from the salad, serving 8ml less of hot beverage and afternoon tea with no tea, haven’t you reached some sort of cost saving plateau at the top of the learning curve?
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- phantomchickenz on Should I renew InterContinental Ambassador?
- kebl2555 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- Super Secret Stuff on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- brian on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- pbcold on Virgin Voyages deal coming soon?
- NigelHamilton on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- Thaliasilje on Amex Platinum Travel Insurance
- duggie1982 on Curve changes from November 10th
- BBbetter on Best Amex option for my wife?
- davefl on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.